|01-09||Body Armor||Artificial Body Armor|
|10-18||Force Field||Completely absorbs any attacks that have an intensity equal or less than the power rank number. The remaining Intensity breaches the field and affects anyone within its diminished effect.|
|19-27||Death Field*||This is a field-effect version of Life Absorption. The Death field drains the life force out of all within the area of the field, and adds this energy to the PC's health. The PC must first make a power FEAT against the intensity of the victim's Psyche. Each FEAT allows the PC to drain up to a number of health points from each target in the field area that is equal to the power's rank number, until he/she regains the normal maximum health. If the target's health drops to 0 as a result, the victim dies, and his/her body disintegrates.|
|28-36||Force Fields vs.||Die Roll Force Fields |
01-11 Force Field vs. Emotion (Minimum Power Rank = Intuition +1CS)
12-20 Force Field vs. Energy
21-35 Force Field vs. Magic
36-70 Force Field vs. Mental (Minimum Power Rank=Psyche +1CS)
71-87 Force Field vs. Physical
88-92 Force Field vs. Power Manipulation
93-00 Force Field vs. Vampirism
|37-45||Null-Field||This power surrounds the PC with a field that dampens all forms of energy within the area. This power’s rank number reduces all energy in the area. The field also reduces a -1CS on all attacks within the area by a number that is equal to 10% of the power's rank number. For example, an Excellent Null-Field reduces all attacks in the area by a -2CS. This power affects even attacks not directed to the PC.|
|46-54||Bubble||This is a force bubble that surrounds the PC. The Bubble provides protection against all physical and energy attacks that are equal to or less than the power's rank number. If an intensity of applied force is more than 1/2 of this power's rank number, the bubble merely bounces away. The Bubble is also slippery, so that all attempts to grapple it are at a –1CS that is equal to 10% or the power's rank number. For example, all attempts to grapple an Incredible Bubble are at -4CS.|
|55-63||Aura Field*||This is an energy type of forcefield (See the Energy Emissions section for available types). Each field carries its own characteristics that affect the ways the PC uses his/hers power. The maximum size of the field is the number of areas equal to 10% of the power's rank number. For example, an Amazing Aura Field can encompass 5 areas. This field automatically provides protection and life support of rank number. The field completely absorbs any physical attack that has an intensity that is equal to or less than the power's rank number. If the intensity is higher, it's reduced by the power's rank number. The remaining intensity breaches the field and affects the PC's health. If the field is destroyed, the PC must make a red FEAT to regain it. Possible ways of destroying an Aura Field include Energy Control and Conversion, Power Control, and Magic. The hero has a -2CS vulnerability to powers that can affect this type of energy field. However, he/she gets a +2CS resistance to attacks of the same form of energy. This field is also assumed to have an unlimited supply of energy. When creating the PC, the player can opt to raise the power rank +1CS if the power is considered temporary. If the player does not choose the latter, then the power is permanent. The permanent power begins at Shift-0 increasing every round until it reaches an intensity equal to that of the maximum power's rank number.|
The power rank of the power is subtracted from the attack’s intensity. The rest is reflected back. A Typical FEAT is required to reflect the attack in a random direction, and Amazing FEAT is required to direct the attack -3CS back to the attacker. A Unearthly FEAT to completely turn the attack. When the power is breached once the user has to make a green FEAT to use the power again, when breached for the 2nd time he has to make a yellow FEAT, for each following breach he must make a red FEAT. If a Player wants a specific attack reflected by this Power, then he/she can raise it to a +1CS. Note: Reflection can be any Energy Emission or attack. Possible power stunts include:
- Internal Energy Eruption: If the energy has no place to go, instead of harming everyone else, the Hero can turn the energy inward and cause themselves to suffer the Intensity of the energy
- Energy Conversion: The Hero may convert another form of energy into the form they can reflect (at same intensity). Alternately, they can convert the energy that they normally reflect into another type. One stunt must be learned for each type of conversion.
|73-81||Resistances||Die Roll Resistances |
01-11 Resist: Emotion (Minimum Power Rank = Intuition +1CS)
12-20 Resist: Energy
21-35 Resist: Magic
36-70 Resist: Mental (Minimum Power Rank = Psyche + 1CS)
71-87 Resist: Physical
88-92 Resist: Power Manipulation
93-00 Resist: Vampirism
|82-91||Sense Protection||The PC has a special protection against any one sense|
|92-00||Electronic Counter Measures||This power reflects the ability to avoid electronic detection and thwart any and all attempts to be controlled by electronic means. This provides Power rank Invisibility against such detection efforts as Radar and Sonar, as well as any other power, which is being duplicated through electronic means. It also grants Power rank Resistance to hackers or, if the character is in a powered suit of armor, to outside override attempts.|
|01-02||Astral Detection||The character can automatically “see” astral creatures or projections even while not in astral form herself.|
|03-04||Abnormal Sensitivity||The hero can hear/feel/see things he cannot normally see and vice versa. He can for instance see infrared but not normal.|
|04-05||Sense Artificial Intelligence|
|06-07||Death Sense||The PC can detect aura of immanent death. The Death Sense automatically functions if the target or targets are in a life-threatening situation, or if they're fixing to enter one. Before an adventure, the Judge makes a secret red Psyche FEAT roll to see if any of the Characters will die that adventure. If there is a success, no one will die. If a miss, then the PC sees a "death glow" around a random character. The Player of the character then is unable to spend Karma on Endurance FEATs during the adventure|
|08-09||Aura Perception*||The PC can virtually see and gain knowledge of almost everything about a person or an object a person has been in proximity with. Seeing an aura can indicate the following:|
- The Karma of a character or object
- The Popularity of a character or object
- The Resource rank number of a character or object
- The Health of a character or object
- The rank number of a pronounced ability or object
- The rank number of a pronounced power or object
- The Physical Form of a character or object
This power also enables the PC to read the psychic Aura of an object and "hear" the psychic thoughts of characters that who've been in proximity of an object. (The PC can recognize any Aura that he/she's previously seen. Even if the target is disguised, it can be recognized by its distinct Aura. A red Psyche FEAT against the intensity rank number of the disguise must be made in order to allow the hidden target to be seen by the PC.
Note: This is a Godly Power, so Player must work with the Judge.
|10-12||Circular Vision||360 Degree vision +1CS Fighting, -1CS Popularity|
|13-15||Cosmic Perception*||The PC has a heightened sense on a universal scale. This sense is a detection power automatically at CL1000 power rank. Player can choose to roll on the table below, or just choose one of the five types of detection: (Judge's discretion) |
Die Roll Sense
68-72 Space (Telescopic, microscopic, extradimensional all in one)
Note: This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge. Furthermore, this power can also lead to insanity
|20-24||Enhanced Senses||The PC has one or more of the five normal senses (hearing, sight, smell, touch, and taste) enhanced.|
|25-27||Environmental Awareness||Complete knowledge of the surroundings|
|28-30||Genetic Perception||Unlike Power Detection, this is the true "Mutant Detection". The PC can perceive and decipher genetic codes.|
|34-36||Hyper Sense||Die Roll Hyper Senses |
01-53 Hearing Sonic Attacks at +1CS
54-87 Olfactory When unable to block nasty scents -1CS Endurance
|37-39||Life Detection||Identify presence and nature of lifeforms|
|46-49||Penetration Vision||X-ray vision|
|50-54||Power Detection||Identify specific heroes at Uneathly FEAT|
|59-62||Radar Sense||-1CS vs. electrical and Magnetic attacks|
|63-66||Reality Perception*||The PC can see the network patterns of matter and energy that form the universe. This power functions like a combination of the powers; Extradimensional, True sight, and Cosmic Perception. This power is so outside of reality that the PC can develop a vast variety of Power stunts:|
- Penetrate illusions by focusing on the true energy patterns;
- Perceive the physical and mental condition of a being;
- Perceive the occurrences in other realities;
- Penetrate concealment and disguises, and see the true nature of matter;
- Perceive occurrences beyond the barrier of dimensions;
- See through matter.
Note: This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge. Furthermore, this power can also lead to insanity
|67-71||Sonar||Sonic attacks +1CS|
|84-88||True Sight||Penetrate any disguise below this rank|
|89-92||Ultraviolet Vision||See clearly through fog and water|
|93-96||VR Vision||The PC has a virtual sense. The Vision allows the PC to travel distances through virtual sight, without ever leaving the area he/she's in. The PC receives a visual simulation of a virtual world, as if he/she were actually present at the scene. The power is not hindered by factors at all. The VR Vision when in use overrides the normal sight. The vision is consciously controlled, and can practically travel anyplace. A disadvantage of the sight, is if unwanted visions obscure the view or distract the PC at a crucial moment.|
|97-00||Weakness Detection||Rank Good or below, physical weaknesses only. Excellent to Amazing mental and physical. Monstrous and above, mental, Physical, and power based.|
|topEnergy Control Powers|
|01-02||Energy Absorption||The hero can absorb a specific type of energy and convert it into health. Choose which energy type (life energy, nuclear, light etc.)|
|03-04||Catalytic Control||Increase or decrease the speed of chemical reactions. Or the hero can for instance increase the heat generated by a process. Possible power stunts are:|
- Increase Strength and End by increasing the metabolizing of Oxygen and Food,
- Hastening decay
- Forming Compounds by simple mixing
- Stopping nuclear reactions
- Causing impossible reactions etc.
|05-06||Channel*||The PC can take in energy and store it, and convert it into a bio-energy manipulating it so that he/she can develop the following Power stunts:|
- Energy Emission of that energy at this power's rank number.
- Healing up to power rank number.
- Energy Detection of that energy at power's rank number.
- Temporary Primary Ability enhancement to either the maximum power rank or +1CS of the higher Ability rank. IE: if the highest Ability Rank number is Amazing, and the power rank is Amazing, then the PC can increase any single ability to Amazing, or any single ability that is Amazing to (+1CS) Monstrous. This power also has a special bonus; If the highest ability rank is lower than the power rank rolled, then the Player gets the benefit of raising any single ability to that rank number permanently. The enhancement of the Ability lasts for 1-10 rounds. (See the Energy Emissions).
Note: The player has a wide range for other possible stunts. This is a Godly Power, so Player must work with the Judge.
Increase or decrease cold intensity or redirect Cold powers, Cold Generation is a bonus power. Some possible powers stunts include:
- Reduce Temperature. The character can drop the temperature in an area by a number of degrees Fahrenheit equal to 20 time power rank number. If reduced to below 50 degrees Fahrenheit, everyone in the area suffers damage. Treat -50 degrees as Incredible intensity cold. Every additional -30 degrees increases this intensity by +1CS. If the character stops concentrating, temperature increases to normal in one turn.
- Ice Animation. The character can create a semi-living creature of ice. It remains in existence for power rank turns, or until dispelled or destroyed. An ice elemental has only FASE scores. To determine their ranks, double Cold Control power rank and divide among FASE as desired. The elemental runs at speed rank equal to its Agility.
- Flash Freeze. The character can generate a massive explosion of cold that causes power rank +3CS damage to everything in her area and power rank +1CS in every area out to five areas away. This reduces Cold Control to Feeble power rank for 1-10 turns. Unless the character makes a red Endurance FEAT, she is also stunned for 1-10 turns. The cost for this power stunt is figured normally, without considering the +3CS bonus. The innate disadvantages should compensate.
- Resistance to Cold. The character has power rank resistance to cold and ice attacks.
|09-10||Cosmic Energy Manipulation**||The power cosmic is potentially the most greatest super power around. With it, the character can manipulate energy and matter in ways limited only by the imagination (and the Judge). The minimum rank for Cosmic Energy Control (and its various stunts) is Remarkable, which also makes this an expensive power in terms of character points. The basic ability of this power is the projection of an Energy Blast out to power rank range inflicting power rank damage. Other stunts include:|
- Ability Boost. This functions as the Ability Boost power with Cosmic Energy Control’s power rank.
- Absorption. This functions as the Absorption power described above, doing so with Cosmic Energy Control’s power rank.
- Energy Detection. The character can detect and identify energy patterns and trails. She may track energy trails as well. See Energy Detection, p. 72, Player’s Book.
- Energy Gift. The character may imbue a subject (willing or not) with any energy power that the character also possesses. The power rank of any imbued power is chosen by the character, but cannot exceed the power rank of Cosmic Energy Control or the energy power itself, whichever is lower. The subject must make a successful Endurance FEAT against Cosmic Energy Control power rank. If the subject fails, no power is imbued and the subject suffers power rank damage to Physical Health. If the subject is an object, substitute material rank for Endurance. If the FEAT fails, the object is destroyed.
- Healing. The character can restore Physical or Mental Health to herself or another, healing up to power rank per day per target per Health statistic.
- Resistance to Radiation. The character has Resistance to Radiation at power rank intensity.
- Starburst. The character can generate a massive explosion of cosmic energy that causes power rank +3CS damage to everything in her area and power rank +1CS in every area out to five areas away. This reduces Cosmic Energy Control to Feeble (2) power rank for 1-10 turns. Unless the character makes a red Endurance FEAT, she is also stunned for 1-10 turns. The cost for this power stunt is figured normally, without considering the +3CS bonus. The innate disadvantages should compensate.
The PC automatically gains a bonus power; Cosmic Energy Force Bolts with the intensity of the power's rank number. Furthermore, the PC also can develop his/her Primary Abilities and Powers at 1/2 the cost of Karma, and can automatically raise a single ability +1CS. Finally, only one single power or Ability can be developed each overtime.
Note: This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge.
|11-12||Cyberspace Manipulation||The PC can enter cyberspace, and manipulate the energies in that pocket dimension to his/her whim. This power functions like a temporary minute form of reality manipulation at power rank number, while within the Cyberspace.|
|13-14||Darkforce Manipulation||The character can summon and manipulate the extra-dimensional energy known as the Darkforce. When first acquired, this power grants the ability to fire a Darkforce bolt that either inflicts power rank Force damage or acts as a power rank intensity stunning attack (player’s choice when acquired). One other power stunt is acquired for free. Possible power stunts include:|
Note: This is an extradimensional energy, so little is known or nothing is learned about unfamiliar dimensions, so Player must work with the Judge, in order to create an imaginative array of details involving this Power and its Dimension. (See Extradimensional Energy).
- Darkforce Aura. The character can use the Darkforce as a Force Field of power rank strength.
- Resistance to Darkness. The character has power rank Resistance to Darkness and related attacks.
- Resistance to Light. The character has power rank Resistance to Light and related attacks.
- Generate Darkfoce: Blunt attack at rank damage
- Flight at -1CS
- Energy Solidification
|15-16||Dream Manipulation||This is a trivial form of Dream Control. The PC can enter the Dream World, and manipulate the energies in a pocket dreamscape to his/her whim. This power functions like a temporary minute form of reality manipulation at power rank number, while within the Dream World.|
|17-18||Ectoplasm Control||The PC can manipulate and shape the extradimensional spirit matter called Ectoplasm to perform a variety of Power stunts:|
- Blunt attacks at Power rank damage
- Raw form of Telekinesis at Power rank
- Construct intangible spirit forms
- Energy solidification
Note: This is an extradimensional energy, so little is known or nothing is learned about unfamiliar dimensions, so Player must work with the Judge, in order to create an imaginative array of details involving this Power and its Dimension. (See the Extradimensional Energy and Ectoplasmcasting power of this update).
|19-21||Electrical Control||This is an expanded Electrical Manipulation, p. 75, Player’s Book. If the character draws electricity from some nearby source, the effective power rank is limited by what is available. An ordinary household socket is Typical intensity. Small generators or power lines are Remarkable intensity, while a large generator yields Shift-Y intensity. A power plant generates Class 1000 or greater intensity. The character cannot channel electricity greater than her own Electrical Control power rank without suffering damage equal to the difference between electricity intensity and power rank (no defenses applicable). Some power stunts include:|
- Ability Boost. The character can absorb electricity to increase an ability score, as described under Absorption above
- Blowout. The character can generate a massive surge of electricity that causes power rank +3CS damage to everything in her area and power rank +1CS in every area out to five areas away. This reduces Electrical Control to Feeble power rank for 1-10 turns. Unless the character makes a red Endurance FEAT, she is also stunned for 1-10 turns. The cost for this power stunt is figured normally, without considering the +3CS bonus. The innate disadvantages should compensate.
- Shock Field. The character can temporarily charge her body or some conductive metal with power rank electricity. The charge lasts for 1-10
|22-24||Electro-magnetic Manipulation*||The PC can emit and control the energies that make up the Universal Spectrum. This power has an added bonus power similar to Focus (See Power Focus). However, The PC can only Focus all the energies of the spectrum in one single attack. All Energy Powers begin with the rank EXcellent, and each power is modified. The Energy Powers are rolled separately on the Ability Modifier Table (UPB p.6), and then are permanently recorded. Thus, the PC has a wide range of intensities of Energy Powers. The following list of Energies make up the spectrum:|
- Hard Radiation
Note: This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge.
|25-27||Energy Conversion||Change one form of energy into another at 1 rank lower than original. He must make a power FEAT vs. the intensity of the energy. The hero can gain energy emission (Dazzler) or convert energy in a less dangerous form. Heat to cold in a firestorm for instance.|
|28-30||Energy Plasmoids||The PC can mold out of energy glowing patterns that detonate within a limited time span. There are many different forms of this power that can be manifested and developed into Power stunts. The Time of detonation is measured by the subconscious mind of the PC. In other words, each power and characteristics are unique in their own way. The following are two forms that have been manifested:|
Note: This is a Power that a Player can be creative and have fun. Think Grenades, C-4, Falling stars, flash powders, etc. This is a Power that also needs to be worked out with the Judge
|31-33||Energy Solidification||Form solid forms of intensity material strength. Simple solids require a Feeble FEAT, animated require Typical and simple machinery requires an Incredible FEAT. Power stunts:|
- Create cages
- Forming servants build semi-permanent structures
- Create body armor to protect and enhance abilities Pieces that are broken off revert to energy form and do -4CS damage.
|34-36||Energy Sponge||Absorb and store any kind of energy. Up to power rank can be stored and released at -2CS or harmlessly dissipated. The hero can absorb more energy at a red FEAT but failure results in a complete release of energy at full damage to the hero and surroundings.|
|37-39||Energy Vampirism||Drain energy from a target and convert it into Strength, Endurance, Psyche or other powers. Non-living can be drained totally at a power FEAT vs. energy intensity. Living targets have resistance equal to their Psyche and only energy emission powers can be drained.|
|40-42||Explosive Power||This is a combination of the powers Energy Plasmoids, and Energy Imbuement. The PC can Imbue any object with energy that will explode. Like the Plasmoid Power time can be an irrelative factor in when the explosion takes place. The intensity is the Power's rank number. There are two forms of this power:|
Note: This is a Power that a Player can be creative and have fun, and that also needs to be worked out with the Judge
|43-44||Extradimensional Energy Control*||The PC can control an existing but yet unknown energy or force from another Dimension. Moreover, the PC can develop a variety of Power stunts with his/her unique power. Player must get with the Judge and fashion up a new unique energy that can be harnessed by the PC, and possible Power stunts. The Power automatically awards the PC with the bonus Power of emitting the new Extradimensional Energy at Power rank. The following are forms of extradimensional energies that have been introduced:|
- Darkforce energy
- Negative energy
- The multi-colored bubbles of the Speedball effect.
Others might include:
- Equinox energy
Note: This is a Dimensional Power that a Player can be very creative and have lots of fun, and that very much needs to be worked out with the Judge.
|45-46||Extraterrestrial Energy Control**||The PC can control an existing but yet unknown energy or force found in the Universe. Moreover, the PC can develop a variety of Power stunts with his/her unique power. Player must get with the Judge and fashion up a new unique energy that can be harnessed by the PC, and possible Power stunts. The Power automatically awards the PC with the bonus Power of emitting the new Extraterrestrial Energy at Power rank +2CS. The following are forms of extraterrestrial energies that have been introduced:|
- Stellar Energy
- Quantum Energy
- Primordial Energy
- Tachyon Energy
- Power Cosmic
- Zero Fluid
- Cosmic Azure(Mine)
Note: This is a Power that a Player can be very creative and have lots of fun, and that very much needs to be worked out with the Judge. This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge.
|47-48||Fire control||Control existing flames, increase or decrease by power rank. The hero has power rank resistance vs. Heat and Fire.|
|49-50||Gravity Manipulation||Changes gravity intensity with following power stunts:|
- Changing gravity direction creating artificial gravity launching targets into space levitation at -1CS speed incapacitating a foe by increasing his weight
- Forming large asteroids from space debris.
- Artificial Gravity: The hero can create gravity equal to or less than the intensity of Gravity Control in low gravity or weightless environments.
- Strength: Hero can use Gravity Control intensity instead of Strength for lifting and throwing things.
- Planetoid Creation: Not a real Creation power by any means: the Hero can gather existing material into a planetoid (size equal to the power’s range in Intensity, see the Range table under Miscellaneous rules). If the hero has Life Support, they may create a Life Sphere around the planetoid, as long as they have that stunt as well.
- Antigravity Blast: The Hero can "fire" a gravimetric force beam that causes objects to be repulsed from the Hero. The Hero may use this beam to slam an opponent against the wall and pulverize them into unconsciousness. The Beam may be continued for a number of exchanges equal to Gravity control.
- Antigravity Bomb: The Hero "detonates" a wave of gravimetric energy which expands away from the Hero causing anything that isn't nailed down to go flying away from the Hero. This may have a secondary effect similar to Antigravity Blast if the opponents are caught up against a wall when struck by the blast.
|51-52||Hard Radiation Control||Control X-rays, alpha, beta, gamma and cosmic rays. |
Note: The ever so popular Cosmic Rays is a Cosmic hard radiation, but Cosmic Energy is just that, all the energies of the cosmos all intermingled into one Universal energy.
|53-54||Imbuement||The PC can charge an object with energy that will send off a surge of energy when in contact with it. The object can be Imbued with any one type of energy of Power rank intensity. (See Energy Emission Powers). The most common objects that are imbued are weapons, in that they give an additional damage to the victim. However, anything that the PC is in contact with can be imbued. Only, inorganic material can be imbued with this Power.|
Increase or decrease kinetic energy. Typical intensity FEAT allows him to change the direction of any moving object or he can 'push' a target with power rank strength. He can also control a targets telekinesis or kinetic bolts power with a FEAT vs. opponents power intensity. Possible power stunts include:
- Leaping: The Hero gains power rank Leaping.
- Power Punching: The Hero gains a damage bonus equal to the Kinetic Control rank when punching or kicking.
|57-58||Light Control||Control light, form crude holograms on Remarkable FEAT and gain +1CS resistance to light based attack.|
Control existing magnetic forces and shape the field in certain forms to for instance create force fields. Some addtional power stunts are:
(Video) Classic Marvel Super Heroes RPG - Saturday Morning Superheroes Episode 1 The Missing
- EMP Blast: The Hero can fire a Electro-Magnetic Pulse within firing distance. EMP blasts do severe damage to electrical equipment, Technarchs and Phalanx.
- EMP Bomb: By Pushing To The Limit, the Hero can set off an "explosion" that ruins electrical equipment of all kinds within visual distance that are not properly shielded.
|61-62||Microwave Manipulation||The PC can control the Microwaves found in the earth's environment with Power rank intensity. The PC can either increase or decrease the intensity up to his/her Power's rank. The PC can also reduce microwave damage by his/her rank number. This Power also includes Power rank Resistance of Microwave Energy. The most important aspect of this Power is the capability to alter and reform Microwave energy into any shape desired. This can be used for a variety of Power stunts. The Power automatically grants the PC a bonus power of Microwave generation at Power rank intensity.|
|63-64||Nuclear Control||The PC can manipulate Nuclear Energy, whether natural or power based at Power rank. The PC can also increase or decrease the level of the energy by Power rank. The PC automatically gains the power Explosive at Power rank intensity. Furthermore, the PC can reshape Nuclear Energy into other forms. This can be used for a variety of Power stunts.|
|65-66||Plasma Control||Control plasma, create plasma constructs or counteract plasma powers.|
Note: This Power is definitely a must see Judge situation.
|69-70||Probability Stabilization||Negates Probability Manipulation|
|71-72||Radiowave Control||Same as other control powers except microwave, AM or FM waves. Or simulate broadcasts|
|73-74||Reality Manipulation**||This is basically the same Power. The PC can change reality into whatever he/she desires. This is just on a Cosmic level, rather than Magic. |
Note: Reality Manipulation is a form of Power creation. This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge.
|75-76||Shadowshaping||Form 2-dimensional shadow constructs that do power rank damage and remote sense through them, he can also see through shadows.|
|77-78||Sound Manipulation||Same as other with following power stunts muting voices, alarms magnifying sounds to do power rank damage|
|79-80||Thermal Control||Control heat or cold but only the thing directly affected by the heat or cold source.|
|81-82||Time Control**||The PC can control the time continuum for a variety of Power stunts:|
- Speeding up time surrounding him/herself permitting a Lightning Speed of this Power's rank.(See Hyper-Speed in the UPB p.78). Slowing down time in the area, allowing him/herself Multiple Attacks of this Power's rank.
- Slowing down death or injury at Power's rank.
- Time Travel at Power rank.
- Summoning Duplicates at power rank
- Internal Clock: The Hero always knows what time it is, even when time is being manipulated or altered. They can also tell how much time is being manipulated by, if at all.
- Age Control: The Hero can de-age someone a maximum number of years of Time Control, or age someone a maximum of twice Time Control's Intensity.
- Pause: The Hero may pause time for all but himself. If the Hero also has the Time Travel power with the Passengers stunt, the Hero may extend the people who may take actions to his allies.
- You go first: The Hero may declare an action after everyone else has declared, similar to Danger Sense.
- First Action: The Hero may use this power to be the first to perform an action, similar to a Fast Attack.
- Replay: By pushing this power to the limit, The Hero can force the previous Exchange to happen again, with everyone re-drawing their hands and declaring actions all over again. The only difference being that the Hero gets one less card in their hand at the start of it.
Note: this is a powerful Cosmic Power. PC must receive a limitation from the Judge, each stunt must be developed separately and PC starts out with 0 stunts initially. Furthermore, PC must continue to work with Judge.
|83-84||Vibration Control||Increase or decrease vibrations, controlling earthquakes.|
|Rank||Richtor Scale Intensity|
|Feeble and Poor||1|
|Typical and Good||2|
|Excellent and Remarkable||3|
|Incredible and Amazing||4|
|Monstrous and Unearthly||5|
|Shift-X an Shift-Y||6|
|Shift-Z and Class 1000||7|
|Class 3000 and Class 5000||8|
Other power stunts:
- Distort voices
- Cripple gyroscopes
- Adjust vibration of his/her own atoms permitting him to phase
|85-86||Space Manipulation||Through the use of this power, heroes may warp space around them to their liking. Villains attempting to charge a hero with this power may find the distances between them and their target increasing inexplicably! Heroes may also use this as a movement power; granting power rank Lightning Speed. The hero may shrink space, expand it and wrap it around himself to avoid bullets and other nasty things!|
|87-88||Continuum Control||The hero is able to tinker with the nature of matter and have some control over the space/time continuum. Continuum Control may be used as one or more of these powers:|
- Electrical Gen.
- Damage Transferal
- Time Travel
- Body Transformation.
Two important notes:
- It takes one round to use. The hero must use Continuum Control in the first round, then mimic a power in the next. Use of the power is automatic, then you must declare what power(s) you want to mimic.
- The hero may perform more actions than are normally permitted, as long as all the excess actions are mimicked powers. The power rank number is distributed among the mimicked powers however the player sees fit.
This power can be used to scatter the targets atoms across the multiverse. By combining Disruption with Teleportation on a target, they can be effectively destroyed. Using Regathering with Teleportation can reform them, though this is much harder.
Note: This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge.
|89-95||Entropy Magnification||Entropy is the tendency of an object or system to disorganize and end up in disorder or randomness. For example, a crystal dish set on a table represents more order than the set after being shattered with a hammer. That hammer represents Entropy. |
The power lets a PC accelerate the rate of decay in an object, group or system. This has varying effects depending on if the power is focused on physical or intangible things.
This power can do rank level damage every round to physical objects. To do damage, an opposed FEAT roll is made against the material strength or the Endurance of the target. Considering the constant flux of Order and Chaos, physical damage is not always permanent. Duration is determined by the color of the successful FEAT roll you made. A Green FEAT makes the damage last 1 round. A Yellow lasts 10 rounds. A Red is permanent.
Note: just because the damage is non-permanent does not mean it is non-lethal. If you do enough damage to end a life, the damage reverting to normal 10 rounds later will not bring it back. Can use on multiple targets as the rules describe for standard energy attacks.
This is where power stunts tend to come into play. Several kinds of effects are possible...
*Disrupting someone's concentration
*Diffusing an energy attack
*Wreaking havoc with computer systems
*Cause meetings to degenerate into arguments
The possibilities are many and varied. When using the power this way on multiple targets, take the highest Psyche or applicable intensity, and add 1CS to the opposed intensity for every 4 members of the group. Example: You are trying to disrupt a board meeting. The chairman has a Psyche of Good, and there are 8 other people at the meeting. The opposed rank to roll against would be Remarkable. Example: You are trying to crash a computer network. The main computer is a Remarkable program, and there are 4 sub-units. The opposed rank to roll against would be Incredible. Duration is a little different than with inanimate objects. A successful Green FEAT lasts 1 minute, a Yellow lasts 10 minutes, and a Red FEAT roll indicates number of minutes x power rank x 10. In the case of diffusing an attack or something equally short-lived, the duration is instantaneous (if successful).
Optional Powers: none
Nemesis Powers: Reflection, Force Field vs. Energy
|96-00||Energy Threshold||Any energy entering this power's field will have no effect above Typical rank. That includes ALL energies; sonics, kinetics, inertia, etc. While this power seems to act as a basic force field, there are some notable disadvantages. Because ALL energies are dampened, the character is unable to move faster than Typical rank ground speed (3 areas per round). This however does come in handy when falling off buildings. This power rank is the point at which the Threshold field overloads (treat as Force Field).|
|topEnergy Emission Powers|
|01-04||Cold Generation||NOT ice generation, generate extreme colds (see judge book for effects)|
|05-08||Cosmic Energy Emission*||The PC can take in all the energies of the Cosmos and release them as a Cosmic force. The force has the intensity of the Power's rank number. Since this is a Cosmic Power, which utilizes all the energies of the Universe, Power rank increase only costs half of the usual Karma. As with Hard Radiation (See Hard Radiation Emission p.27 in the UPB), the PC has automatic safeguards to prevent radioactive contamination. This power is linked to Cosmic Energy Manipulation; the Player may opt to exchange one of his other Powers for Cosmic Energy Manipulation when creating the character. The PC has Power rank resistance to the Cosmic energy. |
Note: This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge.
|09-12||Darkforce Generation||The PC can generate and project the Darkforce with Power rank damage and range. (See the UPB p.21 or this update above under, the Darkforce Manipulation power for a more detailed explanation of this extradimensional energy). Furthermore, the PC has Power rank resistance to this energy and can see within his own Darkforce vapor. This Power is linked to Darkforce Manipulation; the Player can opt to replace one of his Powers for Darkforce Manipulation when creating the character.|
|13-16||Ectoplasmcasting||The PC can project an invisible expanded force of Ectoplasm (Spirit Energy) at Power rank range and damage. The Ectoplasm blast affects the target’s base Karma, not Health. If the base Karma drops to 0, then the RIP each start losing points, if the RIP each just happens to drop to 0, then the victim is a vegetable. (See the Ectoplasmshaping power above under the Energy Control section in this update).|
|17-20||Electrical Generation||The PC can freely generate a force of the energy spectrum at Power rank damage and range. However, the PC also has an innate ability to emit each energy of the Spectrum, separately at a -2CS. (See above the Electromagnetic Control power in the Energy Control section of this update). |
Note: All individual energy effects still take place in a single blast, even though the energy is not in separate bursts. This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge.
|21-24||Electro-Magnetism*||The PC can project an existing, yet unknown dimensional energy at Power rank damage and range. (See above the Extradimensional Energy Control power under the Energy Control section of this update, for more information regarding the creation of new energy powers).|
|25-28||Energy Doppelganger||Generate an energy body from himself which can have powers and automatically has True Flight and power characteristic to the energy type.|
|29-32||Extradimensional Energy Emission*||The PC can project an existing, yet unknown dimensional energy at Power rank damage and range. (See above the Extradimensional Energy Control power under the Energy Control section of this update, for more information regarding the creation of new energy powers).|
|33-36||Extraterrestrial Energy Emission*||The PC can project an existing, yet unknown cosmic energy at Power rank damage and range. (See above the Extraterrestrial Energy Control power under the Energy Control section in this update). |
Note: This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge.
|41-42||Hard Radiation Emission||Note: Cosmic Energy is a combination of Hard Radiation energies in one.|
|43-44||Heat Generation||NOT fire generation, possible power stunts|
- Causing breakdown of molecular or atomic bonds (Amazing and Unearthly FEAT
- Negating a target's magnetism
- Negating conductivity
- Strengthening materials
- Changing local weather
|57-60||Microwave Generation||The PC can generate and project microwaves at Power rank damage and range. (See above the Microwave Manipulation power under the Energy Control section of this update for more information regarding this energy).|
|61-64||Nuclear Generation||The PC can generate and project Nuclear energy at Power rank damage and range. PC also automatically has Power rank resistance. This power is Plasma of ALL energies found in a nuclear blast at -2CS.|
|65-68||Plasma Generation||also create plasma fields with 2 of the following effects Light at -2CS illumination Heat at -2CS Flame at -2CS Hard Radiation at -2CS Magnetism at -2CS Electricity at -2CS|
|73-76||Shadowcasting||Emit a field that obscures energy intensity, the following are affected at listed power rank:|
- Light at Good or below
- Heat at Excellent
- Hard Radiation at Remarkable
- Radiowaves at Incredible
- Energy doppelgangers at Amazing
- Energy Bodies at Monstrous
|85-88||Vibration||Power stunts vibratory shield with +2CS protection vs solid attacks|
|89-92||Gas Generation||The hero can generate and spray one or more different types of gases. It has an intensity equal to the power rank. Range is found on Column A of the Simultaneous Actions Table. The gas completely fills each area it goes through, and everyone in those areas is subject to the effects. It lasts three rounds and can only be used once every five minutes (50 rounds). The gas is still subject to wind, powers, etc. An Endurance FEAT roll against the intensity is allowed to resist the effects. |
Die Roll Gas Type
- Foul Odor: -1CS on all attacks, -1CS on Endurance FEAT
- Paralysis: 1-10 rds, can only use mental powers
- Blinding: hero is blinded 1-10 rds., all rolls at -4CS
- Poison: power rank dam. each round in gas
- Double vision: victim misses target 50% of the time
- Sicken: incapacitation 1-10 rds
|93-00||Bomb||The hero has the ability to cause an explosion starting at the point the hero touches the ground and extending to the extent of the range. Range is found on Column A but the areas are cut in half. Damage is physical, but regardless if the victim takes damage or not all victims must make an agility feat roll or be slammed.|
|01-05||Atemi*||The PC can automatically strike an opponent with his/her finger or fore knuckle in the right area of the body and paralyze a limb, disrupt the nervous system, or knock them out altogether. These attacks on vulnerable points of the target can be used to affect the body and mind in numerous ways. This is a form of quick strike. PC gets +2CS to strikes (unarmed F). Then victim must roll and pass an Endurance FEAT. If target does not pass, then each strike depending on what intensity it is, causes mortal wounds on the opponent, internally and severely. The intensities are as follows;|
- Red: Endurance loss and triple Power rank damage;
- Yellow: Paralysis and Power rank damage doubled, (treat this paralysis as a stun for 1d10rounds);
- Green: Power rank damage, but victim is knocked out till 1d10 rounds.
If target passes, then the FEAT is a White in which case he/she takes no damage.
|06-10||Berserker||Reason and Psyche drop to Feeble while Strength and Fighting increase by the lost amount. (Example: A character with Remarkable Reason and Incredible Psyche loses 66 points (30-2 + 40-2 = 66) so his Strength and Fighting increase by 33 points each.) The character also gets power rank Iron will. The rage last for the entire combat + 1d100 turns.|
|11-15||Chi**||The PC can draw on the invisible force of the mind and body called Chi. He/she can utilize this force to accomplish a variety of Power stunts:|
- The PC can temporarily increase FASE a +1CS for ten rounds. For this to take effect the Player needs 1 turn to make a Psyche FEAT.
- The PC can develop any number of attacks and defenses using Chi. All attacks and defenses are based off Psyche FEATS for the amount of damage. If the intensity of the PC's attack is one less or equal to his/her Psyche rank, then the attack temporarily causes a loss of Health equal to his Psyche's rank number. If the intensity of the attack is more than his/her Psyche's rank number, then the attack causes unconsciousness for 1d10 rounds.
- The PC can develop his/her Chi Awareness; an ability to sense the level and type of Chi in others. He/she can sense the target's Chi level up to what his/her level is, and tell whether it's positive or negative.
- The PC can also go into a deep meditation. This can calm the mind to; sleep instantly; eat without indigestion; relax in the face of danger; shake off the effects of insanity and drugs; or regain lost Chi.
- The PC can utilize his/her Chi as a force field of Power rank equal to his/her Psyche rank. This force field is similar to the power Force Field.
The PC can heal him/herself at Psyche's rank. The level of Chi the Character has is equal to the amount of Power stunts developed by this power. When creating the Character, the Player automatically gets to choose a stunt to begin with, and has Chi at first level. The type of Chi the Character has reflects the type of Karma the Character has.
- Poison Resistance: The Hero gains Poison Resistance.
- Disease Resistance: The Hero gains Disease Resistance.
|16-20||Dimak*||The PC can totally disrupt the body's unnatural or natural healing ability, with just a one-finger attack. The target can perform any normal type of FEAT used in unarmed combat to avoid this attack. However, the effects of the Dimak reflect on the intensity of the attack after the defensive FEAT.|
- Red: the victim's suffers Endurance loss;
- Yellow: the victim Health drops to 0;
- Green: the victim takes 1point of the Dimak plus the PC's attack damage to his/her Health;
- White: the victim takes no damage.
Note: this is a Power that a PC must use discreetly, and should be accepted by the Judge before starting any campaign.
|21-30||Frenzy||The PC can increase both his/her Fighting and Endurance by a +1CS for the amount of rounds equal to his/her Psyche rank per day. An Endurance FEAT must be made in order for this Power to come into effect.|
|31-35||Hyper-attack*||The PC has an extreme ability to perform a variety of nearly impossible Fighting and Agility FEATS in one round. The PC can perform FEATS while in combat of a Power rank equal to the rank number of his/ her fighting or Agility rank number added to the rank of this power +1CS. |
For example; Captain Karate has a Fighting of Incredible, an Agility of Excellent, and a strength of Good. His Hyper-Attack power is at Monstrous rank +1CS. Thus if Captain Karate did a spinning kick at Joe Thug, his Multiple attacks would be around (Shift-X) 15 or more attacks; a Fighting rank at (Shift-X); and an Agility FEAT to perform the spin at (Shift-X) too. Thus the whole attack would be a (Shift-X) FEAT of 15 or more strikes of (Good) 10 points at Joe Thug's Health for the first round. He wouldn't know what hit him! The amount of Fighting or Agility Power stunts that can be developed with this unique power are unlimited.
|36-40||Hyper-Charge||The PC can increase his/her area movement and speed an additional rank in a single round. When creating the Character, the Player has the option of raising the Endurance rank to +2CS. This new Endurance acts as a Body Resistance, and only when Charging.|
|41-48||Martial Supremacy||Choose a Martial Arts then add this powers rank to the already possessed skill. Character can also do power rank damage to non-living matter. The power may be changed for swordsmanship or archery.|
|49-55||Mirror-Image||The PC has a unique ability to counter a combat FEAT back at his opponent with a reflection of the same FEAT. This ability confuses the target so that the target receives a -1CS to all FEATS performed during the functioning of this Power. Each Player attacks simultaneously. the rolls are made and adjusted to a final FEAT. The highest FEAT intensity rolled wins the strike. |
For example; Copy Commando is in a tight combat situation with Captain Kung Fu. Copy Commando's Fighting is at Good, and Captain Kung Fu's Fighting is at Amazing. Of course, Captain Kung Fu gets first initiative, and strike. He strikes!, huh? Copy Commando strikes the same way at the same time too. What gives? Are fearless Kung Fu agent is confused. Captain Kung Fu rolls his FEAT on Remarkable his adjusted rank (Amazing -2CS), and Copy Commando rolls his FEAT on Good. Both rolls are made. Captain Kung Fu gets a 56. A Green FEAT. Copy Commando gets a 83. A Yellow FEAT. BOOM! 10 points to Captain Kung Fu. Wait! he has Monstrous Armor Skin, OUCH! Our Hero of the day gets a broken. Note: if the FEATs are equal, then no damage and the brawl is at a stand off.
|56-60||Natural Weaponry||Rank is material strength of claws, teeth or other weaponry.|
|61-65||Object Creation*||The PC is able to create objects from his/her body substance, and utilize them as weapons. The Objects disintegrate after being separated from the host 1d6 rounds. Each Object damage is weapon-specific.|
|66-72||Rage||The PC loses Karma for all FEATS performed while in a Rage. This is not entirely a bad thing, however; the PC gains the following Abilities:|
- Psyche at Power's rank number, for resisting mental attacks. All stuns are ignored. A +1CS to all attacks
This Power's rank must be at least higher than the normal Psyche rank. If not, then the Player must raise it +1CS, while in the creation of his/her Character.
|73-80||Weapon Creation||Create weapons out of thin air, same as molecular creation. The character can only make Reason number of weapons as he must have knowledge of the weapon to create it.|
|81-85||Weapon Tinkering||Assemble any weapon or even improve it on a red FEAT.|
|86-90||Unique Weapon||The character has a unique weapon. It is generated with the character, and holds some (if not all) of his power slots.|
|91-95||Holy Gift||(Angel’s Only): Halo can change into magical item once per day upon successful feat of angel. Gift can have one property equal to power rank. I have made a shield of Amazing rank and edged melee, a horn that controls emotion at Amazing, a spear that scatters electrical energy at Amazing etc.|
|96-00||Combat Sense||This power heightens the senses of the PC during times of battle, letting reflexes respond almost as fast as the signals get to the brain. The PC has to choose one of three ways this power works...|
- 1 melee attack per round, in addition to multiple attacks, etc.
- 1 distance attack per round, in addition to normal attacks
- 1 dodge per round, in addition to any other actions.
Optional Powers: Martial Supremacy, Danger Sense
Nemesis Powers: Opposing Combat Sense Power (1 extra dodge v. 1 extra attack, etc.)
|01-15||Animate Image||generate a 3-dimensional image from a flat image he must see the image to make it react real to its surroundings|
|16-30||Illusion Casting||The real thing. Illusions that appear solid and can even be recorded and detected by machinery, still he must be able to see the target area. The illusions can imitate any power. The illusion-caster also gains light emission and generation at -2CS and can duplicate other visual powers at -2CS (hypnotism for instance) |
Note: Illusion Casting is a form of Power creation. This is a Cosmic Power, so player must work with the Judge.
|61-75||Image Generation||The PC can generate illusions of life that act as Doppelgangers. This is somewhat similar to the Power Illusory Duplication, except that the illusion is not a self image, but yet a holographic image of some other living thing created from the caster's imagination. Like the latter Power, the controller can see through the eyes of his creation.|
|76-88||Solid Images||The PC can literally create holographic images that are solid and tangible. The characteristics of these images are as they are in "reality" with a maximum of Power's rank. Only one Solid Image can be in existence at one time.|
|89-00||Tattoo||This Power is similar to the Animate Image power, except that the images are mentally inscribe on the PC's body. The number of tattoos the PC can have on his body at one time is the maximum number equal to this Power's rank. With just the slightest mental instruction, the Tattoos disappear and leap off the host's body materializing into reality. All images have their specific abilities and characteristics. The PC can recall the Images at any time. When the images are destroyed or recalled, they appear back on the host's body. When creating the character, the Player creates a list of possible tattoos that are on the PC's body. The Player may opt to replace a tattoo at any given time, but he/she must delete one from the original list.|
|topLife Control Powers|
|01-02||Affliction||By means of this power, the character can cause a horrible wasting disease in an enemy. Use of this power requires a touch against an unprotected target. Normal clothing or costumes are no defense; neither is natural body armor. Affliction initially causes power rank damage. Again, body armor is no defense, but powers such as Resistance to Disease is. Each minute (10 turns) afterwards, the victim must make an Endurance FEAT roll against Affliction power rank. If the victim fails, she suffers power rank damage again. A new check is made every minute; if successful, no further checks are necessary.|
Someone with Medicine talent and appropriate field equipment can slow down the Affliction with a Reason FEAT roll against power rank intensity. If successful, an Endurance FEAT is needed only every hour. If the victim is under the care of a medical doctor in a hospital setting, the doctor can increase the time between Endurance FEATs to one day. Furthermore, in a hospital setting, the doctor is allowed one Reason FEAT per day against Affliction intensity in order to cure the disease. No Affliction power stunts are acquired for free. Power stunts and special limitations include:
Disease Remission. The character can automatically cure her own Affliction. She can make an Affliction power rank FEAT against the appropriate intensity to cure other diseases.
Mind Rot. Instead of having physical effects, the Affliction attacks the mind and spirit. Damage is applied to Mental Health, and Psyche is used to resist. Medicine-based Reason FEATs are -4CS to affect mind rot, but a character with psychiatric training incurs no such penalty.
|03-04||Animal Control||The PC can mentally control the mind of animals at Power rank. This is done by completely overriding the will and conscious mind of the animal. The Power rank determines the intensity of the control the PC has over the animal’s mind. This rank also determines the range and duration of the control. The Player may opt to choose a specific animal if he/she so desires and receives +1CS bonus to the Power.|
|05-06||Biophysical Control||Alter the physiology of a target at power rank -1CS for every 10 feet separating the hero and the target and -1CS per extra target. The result of this power is permanent, the hero must choose one of the following:|
- Healing: target gains power rank health, green FEAT handles broken bones and simple wounds, yellow handles wound to organs, terminal diseases and non-fatal poisons, red handles mortal wounds, massive physical trauma.
- Regeneration: Heal health as above and regenerate lost limbs.
- Revival: resurrection, the target can be dead power rank days, the condition of the corpse determines the color of the FEAT.
- Damage transferal: The hero heals someone with his own health and then heals himself at the same rank.
- Decay: ower Rank damage
- Disruption: also power rank damage
- Aging: multiply aging by power rank, green accelerates aging, yellow stops it and red reverses it.
|07-08||Bio-Toxin||The PC can contain a poison of Power rank intensity within his/her body and release it at will anytime. The type of poison specifically characterizes the effects of the poison. PC may choose to contain a certain type, and gain a +1CS bonus to Power rank.|
|09-10||Bio-Vampirism||Drains health and increases his own Str, End, Psy, and power ranks, you gain the bonus power of Mind Control over drained victims but you must take a weakness. Every turn the bio-vampire must make a FEAT (vs targets Psyche), if the first FEAT is successful the victim is immobilized. To break of the attack the vampire must make a Psyche FEAT, if he rolls red he enters a frenzy and must feed.|
|11-12||Body Transformation-Others||In chemical form, physiological form (change to plant animal etc.) or energy form. Judge determines effects, player chooses one of the above.|
|13-14||Birth Power*||The PC can literally cause the birth of a child within a female. Though a trite Power, the results can be very powerful. This is not a Power to be lenient with. The time of the pregnancy is the natural time divided by the Power rank number. For example; 9 1/2 weeks for pregnancy- If the Power rank is Unearthly, then the Birth will take place in (9.5/100=0.095 of a week, or in other words days. 0.095*7 (days in a week)=4.56, rounded up to.), 5 weeks. Moreover, the PC can impregnate any type of character form, just as long as its Maternal. This is where the Power becomes powerful. Think; creation of Godlings. |
Note: this is a Godly Power. Player must work with the Judge.
|15-16||Cybernetic Control||The PC can literally control the functions and operations of any Cybernetic life form. That is any Cybernetic with an AI (Artificial Intelligence), only. This acts as a Mind Control Power at Power's rank. The Power rank determines the intensity of the control the PC has over the Cybernetics AI. This rank also determines the range and duration of the control. The Player may opt to choose a specific Cybernetic AI form if he/she so desires and receives +1CS bonus to the Power.|
|17-18||Death Power*||The PC can literally cause Death to a target. The intended victim must make an Endurance FEAT roll against the intensity of this Power's rank number. If the victim fails, then he/she begins losing Endurance ranks. As the target loses ranks, blackness spreads throughout the body. |
Note: this is a Powerful Godly Power. Player must work with the Judge.
|19-20||Density Manipulation-Others||The PC can alter the density of a living being at Power rank.|
|21-22||Devolution||The PC can reverse the effects of Evolution, thereby returning an individual or creature back to its original state. The intensity of the change is based on the Power's rank number;|
- Red-the change is perfect
- Yellow-the change is stable, but not perfect
- Green-the change is unstable, and not perfect
- White-No change at all.
|25-26||Exorcism||Typical FEAT against lower rank possessions, Remarkable against equal and Amazing vs. higher|
|27-28||Fear-Induced||The PC has the ability to put Fear into a target, from which he/she cannot ignore while this Power is in effect. During this induced Fear, the target is completely helpless. The Power rank determines the range and duration of the Power. Relevant distances are found on column A of the Range Table. The Fear affects anyone within in range. The Fear persists even after the duration for 1d10 hours. After that, the victim can overcome the fear naturally.|
|29-30||Forced Reincarnation||The hero can hold a dead spirit in stasis while searching a new body, when implanting in a living body he may resist using psyche.|
|31-32||Grafting||Mad-scientist material, Dr Frankenstein etc. strongly linked to BioPhysical control.|
|33-34||Hostile Field||Mental invisibility can bypass this field, acts as Force field vs. hostile intent.|
|35-36||Hypnotic Control||Normal command require a green FEAT, immoral commands a red FEAT|
|37-38||Invisibility-Others||The PC can make an individual's body invisible to normal sight.|
|39-40||Life Absorption*||The PC has a special ability to drain the life force out of one or more individuals, and use the energy for personal Health. The PC must first make a power FEAT against the intensity of the victim's Psyche. Each FEAT allows the PC to drain up to a number of health points from the target that is equal to the power's rank number, until he/she regains the normal maximum health. If the target's health drops to 0 as a result, the victim dies, and his/her body disintegrates. |
Note: this is a Powerful Godly Power. Player must work with the Judge.
|41-42||Mass Alteration*||The PC can alter the mass of a target within the same area. He/she can either increase or decrease it. The intensity of the mass change when increased reflects the roll of the target's Strength FEAT/round. The intensity of the mass change when decreased reflects the roll of the target's Agility FEAT/round. This effect of this Power varies from round to round:|
- Round 1: action by the victim requires a Strength or Agility FEAT.
- Round 2: action by the victim requires a Yellow Strength or Agility FEAT.
- Round 3: action by the victim requires a Red Strength or Agility FEAT.
Every following round, the victim must then roll on the Kill column.
Note: this is a power that must be accepted by the Judge before any Campaign begins.
|43-44||Memory Elimination*||The PC can totally wipe out the target's memories at Power rank. The duration of the effect lasts until, either the initiator or someone else restores the victim's memories. |
Note: this is a powerful Mind Power that must be accepted by the Judge prior campaign.
|45-46||Mind Control||There are four versions:|
- Puppetry: target remains aware
- Possession: targets mind loses consciousness and control
- Negation: targets mind turned off
- Magnification: Reason, Intuition and/or Psyche can be increased
|47-48||Mind Transferal||the hero can transfer his mind into several individuals each believing to be the real one|
|49-50||Molecular Modification||The PC can molecularly change an individual’s form to that of what he/she desires. The intensity of the change of organic matter, is determined by a Power FEAT:|
- Red-the change is permanent.
- Yellow-change lasts 1d10 days
- Green-change lasts 1d10 rounds
The Power also has a limited ability to bestow powers to the Molecularly Altered individuals.
- Disruption: targets body loses all feelings
- Paralysis: body turn rigid
- Seizure: muscles spasm
- Exaggeration: overreact when attempting movement
|53-54||Petrifaction||The PC has the innate ability to transform an object or individual to a solid. The solid can be of any type. This power can permeate through woven material, but cannot through plate materials. Thus a target wearing a costume can be affected, but a target wearing armor, only the armor becomes affected. This power is not "conductive"; Another individual in contact with the target cannot be affected. The material strength and volume size of the solid is based off the Power's rank number.|
|55-56||Plague Carrier||Hero is himself immune to disease. The Character can infect the target with deadly diseases or cure them. The character has to gain the diseases before he can use them and starts with things like common flu etc.|
|57-58||Plant Control||Impart plants with limited movement and intelligence|
|61-63||Seduction||The PC can cause any person of the opposite sex to fall in love with him/her. The target is then under a limited Mind Control and may try to resist by making a successful Psyche FEAT; however, the PC can try to maintain hold by also making a Psyche FEAT. The target can be totally released from the effects of this Seduction, by either making an equal FEAT to that of the PC, or surpassing it. The target automatically gets to resist, if the PC controls him/her to do something that is not in his/her nature|
|64-66||Sense Alteration||Amplify or negate senses|
|67-69||Shapechange-Others*||If form for instance cannot breath then check for kill|
|70-72||Sleep – Induced|
|73-75||Soul Absorption||The PC can literally absorb the victim's mind. The victim's spirit is sent to a peaceful and paradisiacal internal limbo within the PC's being. While the mind is gone, the victim is in a comatose state until the PC releases his/her mind. The Power rank is the intensity of the absorption and the barrier between the reality and the internal limbo. This power must be +1CS of the PC's Psyche, if not then Player gets to either raise his Psyche or the Power to the specific rank; whatever is the highest.|
|76-78||Soul Purification||The PC has a special ability cleanse a soul. The victim must make a Psyche FEAT roll or lose a rank permanently. In addition the target must make another Psyche FEAT versus a Power rank intensity or is out for 1d100 rounds. If a target's Psyche drops below Feeble, the person's soul is lost forever and he/she goes insane. |
Note: This power only functions on those who need their souls purified.
|79-80||Soul Vampirism||The PC is a carnivore able to increase his/her Health by feeding off the energy in the minds of living beings. The Soul Vampire must make a Power FEAT to initiate the attack. Thereafter, each successful FEAT enables the Vampire to drain original karma points from the victim. The amount drained is equal to the Power rank number. (See the UPB p. 35 for a similar understanding of this Power). |
Note: this is a Vampirism Power; a type of power that is powerful and should be dealt with firmly by the Judge.
|81-82||Spirit Control*||The PC can control the minds of spirit bodies at Power rank. This is done by completely overriding the will and conscious mind of the spirit. The Power rank determines the intensity of the control the PC has over the spirits mind. This rank also determines the range and duration of the control. The Player may opt to choose a specific type of spirit; (IE: Dreamer, Ghost, demon, etc.) if he/she so desires and receives +1CS bonus to the Power.|
|83-84||Spirit Storage*||Store and communicate with spirits and immune to possession from them. Spirits can escape on a red Psyche FEAT|
|85-86||Summoning||Summoned creatures from other planes, green FEAT if creatures Psyche is lower, yellow if equal, red FEAT for higher. Summoned creatures must perform one task.|
|87-89||Teleport – Other|
|90-92||Undead Control||Control zombies at a green FEAT, intelligent (mummies, vampires) at red FEAT. You may exchange another power for the zombie creation power.|
|93-94||Vertigo||The PC can instill Vertigo in his/her victims at Power rank intensity. Victims must make a Psyche FEAT against the intensity of the Power or receive a -4CS to all actions. The target is unable to stand for 1+1d10 rounds. However, previous victims only get a -2CS. Characters with a high Agility and acrobatic or gymnastic skills may use the rank number of the ability to resist. Range and duration of the Vertigo are determined by the Power's rank.|
|95-96||Aura Control||A hero with this power has the ability to draw a person's essential life essence (their very soul!) away from their body. Unfortunately for the target, they're still using it! This is an incredibly painful attack, so much so that the victim must make a Psyche FEAT roll versus the Intensity of this power to take ANY action, including speech! Attacks made in this fashion are ruled under the Edged Attacks Column and do power rank damage. In addition, if a Red FEAT is rolled (and the subsequent Endurance FEAT is failed) then the target's soul has been forcibly ripped from their body... resulting in instant death! On the beneficial side, if you heal the soul, you heal the body. Characters with this power also gain Healing at a -1CS.|
|97-99||Distance Healing||Healing of others from power range, once per day, ceases endurance losses.|
|00||Biolink||This allows the PC to establish a link between his health points and another character's. This link allows health to be transferred along it if needed between two or more individuals. You cannot exceed maximum health using this power. The power rank determines two things: one is the maximum number of health points per turn that can be transferred per person in the link. The other is the FEAT that must be rolled...|
- Link with 1 character: Automatic
- Link with 2 characters: Remarkable FEAT
- Link with 3 characters: Amazing FEAT
No more than 3 characters can be linked to. The other characters in the link must be WILLING, otherwise no link can be established. Range is touch to establish. Example: Lifetap is keeping to the rear of a raging battle. His companions, Inferno and Shamrock are fighting in the forefront and are Biolinked with Lifetap. Both of them get hit. Lifetap's options are absorb health from both of them, absorb from one and give to another, or give to both from his health. His rank is Incredible, so he can give or take 40 with one and 40 with the other.
- Bio-wave: By pushing this power to the limit the Hero may link with everyone in firing distance for a moment. Note that pushing still drains the Hero of a card, and they cannot regain it except through normal healing or a secondary Link with someone.
- Life Drain: The hero gains Life Drain.
- Multi-link: The hero can link with more than one character at once, but every time they do so, the difficulty increases by one factor.
- Resucitation: The Hero may form a Bio-Link with another character who’s been dead for less than five minutes and with immortal characters.
- Semi-permanent Link: The Hero may create a semi-permanent link with another (willing) character. If that character is within firing distance, the Hero may link with them.
- Techno-organic life: The Hero may link with forms of techno-organic life like the Phalanx and bionic heroes and the hero can ignore the "jamming" limit
|Note: Magic in itself is a powerful Power, so players must work with the Judge.|
|01-03||Abjuration||The Mage can cast spells involving individual protection of him/herself or others at Spell rank. The following are spells the Mage can cast:|
- Damage Absorption*
- Damage Conversion*
- Aura Shield
|04-06||Alchemy||The Mage has the ability to mix and concoct magic potions and elixirs for a variety of effects at Spell rank. A beginning number of potions the Mage has concocted is equal to the Spell rank. If any potions or elixirs are created in excess of this number, then the new potion replaces one of the numbered. The following are some of the potions and elixirs that have been developed:|
- Healing: Restores target's Heath points equal to Spell rank up to normal number.
- Paralyzing: Target cannot move 1d10 rounds. If target's Endurance is higher than Spell rank, target may make an Endurance FEAT to avoid this effect.
- Sleeping: Target is put in a state of sleep for 1d10 rounds. If target's Psyche is higher than Spell rank, target may make a Psyche FEAT to avoid this effect.
- Life: Bestows temporary Longevity to target for 1d100*Spell rank days.
- Ressurection: Restores targets Endurance to stable at 0.
- Transmutation: Change elements into other elements at Spell rank.
- Explosive: Creates a force of intensity equal to the Spell rank of damage and area effect.
- Strength: Temporary increases the target's Strength +CS of the Spell rank number / 10.
- Agility: Temporary increases the target's Agility +CS of the Spell rank number / 10.
- Magic: Temporary increases the target's Spell ranks +CS of the Spell rank number / 10.
- Endurance: Temporary increases the target's Endurance +CS of the Spell rank number / 10.
- Power: Temporary increases the target's Power ranks +CS of the Spell rank number / 10.
- Rejuvination: Testores targets Health and Karma to original number of points.
A Spell FEAT must first be made in order to create a potion or elixir each time. If not, then the potion or elixir is just that, a vile of mixed liquids.
|07-09||Alteration||The Mage can cast spells that alter the physical state of him/herself at Spell rank. The following are spells the Mage can cast:|
- Alteration-Appearance; Natural Weaponry; and Bone
- Chameleonic Coloring
- Density Control-Self
|10-12||Astral Supremacy*||The Mage has a unique mastery over the Astral Plane. This gives the caster a +1CS on Magic FEATS while on the Astral Plane.|
|13-15||Conjuration||The Mage can cast spells that bring Magical artifacts or life forms into the present reality. The Mage must have a good knowledge of what he/she wants to Conjure into this reality.|
|16-18||Demonic||The Mage can cast spells of Magic that are found among the lores of the Demons at Spell rank. The following are Demonic spells the Mage can cast:|
- Shapeshifting-Limited and Unlimited
- Dimensional Aperture**
- Psychic Vampirism*
- Astral theft**
- Alteration-Natural Weaponry
|19-21||Dimensional Pocket||The Mage has an extradimensional space that he/she can recall or place objects in. This Pocket can almost store an unlimited amount of items. The size of this pocket opening is equal to the Spell rank number in inches of feet.|
|22-24||Divination||The Mage can cast spells that give him/her foresight on knowledge and events unknown. The following are spells the Mage can cast:|
- Dual Persona.
- Enchanted Eye
|25-27||Elemental||The Mage can control the four elements of the Universe; Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water at Spell rank (See Nature Control p.24-25 in the Realms of Magic). The Mage also has an ability to summon Elementals at Spell rank. The Mage can also create Elementals at Spell rank Abilities and Powers.|
|28-30||Enchantment||Imbue an item with spells which then releases it at a specific moment|
|31-32||Energy Source||Not a real power, the character can perform magic while in contact with his energy source|
|33-34||Enhancement*||The Mage has the unique ability to increase the abilities of an individual. The Spell can also bestow powers upon the subject. The Mage must make a Psyche FEAT roll before he/she can do this; the Mage may add Karma to a roll at anytime: |
White-2 abilities raised, +2CS,
Green-3 abilities raised, +3CS, plus a random power,
Yellow-3 abilities raised, +3CS, plus two powers,
Red-4 abilities raised, +3CS, plus three powers.
|35-36||Entreaty||The Mage can summon the magical Entities and their magical Powers from the dimensional planes of reality in the Universe at Spell rank. The Mage must have an Entity that belongs to the same school of Magic.|
|37-38||Evocation||The Mage has the ability to evoke the forces of ancient magical energies in the universe. The following are spells the Mage can cast:|
- Eldritch Energy (ALL)
- Energy Control (ALL)
- Vapors (ALL)
|39-40||Faerie||The Mage can cast spells that exist within the ancient lore of the Elves and fairies. The following are spells the Mage can cast:|
- Emotion Control
|41-42||Familiar||The mage uses living creatures as an conduit of his/her senses and powers. The Mage must be in contact with the Familiar in order to achieve any magical powers aside from just communication. |
Note: the familiar could be Magic in nature.
|43-44||Illusory||The Mage can cast spells that create simulations of reality at Spell rank. The more realistic these simulations appear to others depends on the intensity of the Spell FEAT.|
|45-46||Imprisonment*||The Mage can bind a person's body to a specific place or area. If the person ever physically leaves that area, his/her body would completely disintegrate; moreover, he/she cannot draw upon the energies of Magic without this prison. However, the person can draw upon the energies of the Imprisonment sanctum, and cast spells with a +2CS to the original Spell rank, and his/her body will not age.|
Targets can resist by using Strength agility or a travel power and the mage must make a Agility FEAT to capture a moving target. He can only draw in targets smaller or equal than himself.
What it does is allow the Hero to literally have a world of their own. The Pocket Reality is attached to the Hero in some way (unless taken as a piece of Equipment); and the hero can control who or what enters the Pocket Reality. The size of the Pocket Reality is dependent on the Intensity of the power; see the Range Table for more details. Also, the Pocket Reality can generally only support life for a number of people equal to its intensity (not including the hero who has it). The pocket Reality is not necessarily an actual separate dimension, it could be a dimensionally collapsed part of the Hero’s own body or it could actually disintegrate the targets and put them into cyberspace.
Unless the Hero’s stunts say otherwise, the actual world of the pocket reality is a void, but one which sustains all life within it as though they had Life Support of an intensity equal to the Pocket Reality’s intensity.
(Video) Marvel Superheroes Role Playing Game (RPG) - Nostalgia Knowledge - Marvel FASERIP
Generally, objects of any size can be transported to the Pocket reality itself, but they must be able to fit first. To voluntarily move from where the Hero is to the Pocket Reality, the person or thing must be touching the hero. If the hero wishes to force someone to enter the Pocket Reality, they have to touch the target, which is an easy Agility feat. Then they must make an action to draw them in. To leave the Pocket Reality, the victim should make an Endurance feat. The Hero can remove anyone from the Pocket Reality if they choose.
- Teleportation: The Hero gains Teleportation by moving through his own pocket reality.
- Emotion Control: The Hero can use Emotion Control on anyone in the Pocket Reality
- Life Support: The Hero gains Life Support
- Telepresence: The Hero can send an illusory representative of himself into the Pocket Reality.
- Vortex: The Hero can attempt to suck someone in firing distance into the Pocket Reality. It’s resisted by their strength, usually.
- Implosion: By pushing this power to the limit, the Hero can suck everything and everyone in firing distance into the pocket reality.
|49-50||Invocation||The Mage has the ability to invoke the spells of past, ancient Magi at Spell rank. Usually the spell is named after the ancient Wizard. The following are examples of possible spells the Mage can cast..|
- Dakimh's Magic Missiles
- The Ancient One's Spell of Silence
- The Gateway of Agatha Harkness
Note: The Mage has an unlimited array of possibilities for Spells of Invocation.
|51-52||Item||The Mage can create a Magical object of any kind at Spell rank and keeps it in his/her possession or protection. The item's Material strength and Power is equal to this Magic's Spell rank.|
|53-54||Life Protection*||The Mage can totally protect the life of him/herself. When affected by this Spell he/she ignores all Kill results.|
|55-57||Magic Absorption*||The Mage has the ability to acquire the magical powers and abilities of other Magi at Spell rank. The Mage must touch the target in order to gain these abilities, and the target may make a Psyche or Endurance FEAT to avoid the effect. (See the Power Absorption power in the APB p.79 for more details on this power in its unmagical nature).|
|58-59||Magic Control||Manipulate, magnify/reduce or negate magic|
|60-61||Magic Creation||Invest beings with new magical powers.|
|62-63||Magic Domination||A form of Mind Control that forces other Mages to cast magic spells the way the holder of this power wants it.|
|64-65||Magic Transferal||Transfer Magical Power to a person in contact (or at -1CS / 10feet distance) The mages own rank drops by the transferred amount. A Green Reason FEAT means the duration is 100* the combined reason of target and mage, yellow means 10000* and red means permanent|
|66-67||Magic Vampirism||Drain magical powers from objects or drain living Magic from a living being|
|68-69||Necromancy||The Mage can cast spells that deal with utilizing energies of the dead at Spell rank.|
|70-71||Phantasmal||The Mage can create realistic simulations of spirit matter at Spell rank. All simulations are of Spell rank Strength, Endurance, Material or Power, and attain all the other attributes of the Mage. The duration of the Phantasmal determines the intensity of the Spell FEAT.|
|72-73||Power Simulation||Magical version of a normal power. (roll again)|
|74-75||Reality Alteration||Reshape time, choose one of the following:|
- Alter Future: up to power rank in turn, the harder the higher the feat
- Alter Present: create some sort of pocket-dimension with a number of people equal to his rank. Green feat for small alterations, etc. Duration, green reason feat gives 2 hours * reason rank, yellow=1 day * Reason rank, red=10 days * Reason rank (permanent at judge discretion)
|76-77||Spirit Eviction||The Mage has the magical ability to force a spirit from its body at Spell rank. The Mage then can absorb the flesh of the abandoned body. If for some reason the spirit Eviction is halted, the Mage can control the subconscious mind of the victim later at Spell rank. Furthermore, if the target has formerly encountered this Spell, he/she gets to make a Psyche FEAT to avoid the effects of the Eviction.|
|78-79||Spirit Vampirism||Drain Intuition and Psyche to increase Strength, Endurance, Psyche and powers|
|80-81||Sympathetic Magic||Powers work through some sort of Effigy, sticking pins in it hurts the character.|
|82-83||Techno-Magic||The Mage has the unique ability to combine Science and Magic. The Spell rank of this Magic Power is added to that of the Mage's Reason, Intuition, Psyche, and other Spell ranks when dealing with research, inventions, Science skills and spells of Techno-Magic. This is a Science. When generating the Character, the Player must have at least one Science talent rolled or he/she gets to choose one automatically.|
|84-85||Thaumaturgy||The Mage can cast spells that capture and confine others, rather than harm at Spell rank. The following are spells the Mage can cast:|
|86-87||Warding||Create wards that have up to rank number of power rank intensity powers to go of when certain conditions are met.|
|88-89||Witchery*||The mage can cast spells that only affect others individually at Spell rank. The following are spells the Mage can cast:|
- Density Control-Others
|90-95||Wild||The Mage can cast spells that manifest distorted, but yet potent effects of a chaotic nature at Spell rank. Judge determines the chaotic nature of each Spell that is cast. |
Note: Wild Magic is not Chaos Magic.
|96-00||Probability Control||Like is says, folks; this power allows one to tinker with probability itself in strange and wonderful ways.|
|topMatter Control Powers|
|01-04||Animation||The PC can cause inanimate figures made of any substance to grow or shrink, and to become animated. The PC can also mentally command the now animated figure to do any thing he/she desires. The PC can cause the figure to grow up to a height equal to its current size times the Power rank number *5 feet, and shrink to its normal size divided by the Power rank number *5 centimeters. Each figure when animated develops a bond with the PC. Both the PC and the animated figure can now and then communicate telepathically.|
|05-08||Bonding||Bonding on molecular level, first turn Fe and +1CS each turn until power rank is reached|
|09-16||Collection||Collect matter from your surrounding for instance salt from the sea, this can also affect phasing or ethereal targets if the user remains concentrating.|
|17-24||Crystallization||To affect a moving target agility FEAT, victims may resist as normal. Target (living or non-living) is transformed in gem-like substance with power-rank material strength for 1 min/power rank. If a living being is shattered he remains crystallized until he is somehow reassembled|
|33-40||Disruption||Material strength determines FEAT, living targets may resist as energy attack|
|45-48||Extradimensional Matter Control*||(See Above under Extradimensional Energy in the Energy Control section for more information regarding this special Power).|
|49-52||Extraterrestrial Matter Control*||(See Above under Extraterrestrial Energy in the Energy Control section for more information regarding this special Power). |
Note: This is a Cosmic Power
Locate earth-related things, create volcanoes, earthquakes etc.
- Earth Control: This power is basically unchanged from its description on p. 73-74, Player’s Book. It is possible to levitate or throw earth with this power, both considered separate power stunts. A character could, thus, learn to fly about on a hunk of rock.
- Earth Animation. The character can create a semi-living creature of earth. It remains in existence for power rank turns, or until dispelled or destroyed. An earth elemental has only FASE scores. To determine their ranks, double Earth Control power rank and divide among FASE as desired. The elemental has Body Armor equal to power rank.
Alter flow of raw material air, liquid or solid
- Air Control: This power is basically unchanged. Note that according to its description, p. 74, Player's Book, air control begins with four power stunts. A vengeful Judge might want to amend that. An additional stunt is:
- Air Animation. The character can create a semi-living creature of air that resembles a swirling whirlwind. It remains in existence for power rank turns, or until dispelled or destroyed. An air elemental has only FASE scores. To determine their ranks, double Air Control power rank and divide among FASE as desired. The elemental flies at speed rank equal to its Agility.
- Cold Control: by decreasing air pressure in an area, the Hero gains cold control
|65-70||Machine Animation||vs. machines 'Psyche' which is zero when non-sentient, machine can move at rank -2CS|
|71-74||Matter Teleportation*||(The PC can either teleport an object to or from his/her vicinity. The amount of mass the PC can teleport is equal to the Power rank number in tons / PC's Health rounded. When the PC brings items to him/her, he/she does not create them but only seizes existing ones.|
|75-79||Micro-Environment||In a close sphere around the hero there's fresh air, normal temp etc. this protects against acid rain, extreme temp gasses etc.|
|80-86||Molding||shape solid material|
|87-90||Warping*||The PC can alter the Material Strength of matter by a +/- 2CS, Shapeshift it at Power rank, and manipulate it as if he had Power rank Telekinesis.|
|96-00||Zombie Animation||Physical abilities at -3CS power rank, mental abilities are zero, health as power rank up to psyche rank zombies can be controlled, they are immune to psionics or mental powers, disease, poisons, pheromones, hard radiation and sonics.|
|topMatter Conversion Powers|
|01-10||Coloration||Change colors, this power can equal -2CS shadowcasting, shadowshaping, heat emission, force-field vs. heat|
|11-20||Combustion||Spontaneous combustion in 1-10 turns, power rank damage|
|21-30||Disintegration||This is an especially brutal power that the Judge may wish to allow only with restrictions. This is great power for a master villain, but not a very good one for most heroes. Use of Disintegration, which normally has no range, is simple. After an Agility FEAT to hit, the character makes a Disintegration FEAT versus either Endurance, protective power rank, or Material Strength, whichever is hardest. If successful, the target is destroyed entirely. If the FEAT fails, the target still suffers power rank damage. Against non-living targets, Disintegration will only affect an amount of weight up to what could be lifted using power rank as Strength.|
- Reintegration. The character can reintegrate anything she has disintegrated, restoring the target to its pre-disintegration condition.
|31-40||Elemental Conversion||Convert matters into a specific element, each pound created costs 1 health. converting a living being results in the being placed in stasis, if only part is conversed, use your imagination what happens further, probably a kill result|
|41-50||Ionization||Target emits electricity at -1CS power rank, effects are as -2CS disintegration, -2CS Feat or become temporarily ethereal|
|51-60||Molecular Conversion||Same as elemental conversion but this power can be used to form compounds in stead of just 1 element.|
|61-70||Projective Sizing||The PC can alter the size of any inorganic matter he/she touches. He/she can either cause a Shrink or Growth of the matter at Power rank (See the Diminution and Enlargement Tables in the UPB). Any AI target, such as a robot, may make a Material strength FEAT roll against the Power to avoid its effects.|
|71-85||Transmutation*||The PC has the Power rank ability to rearrange atoms and molecules in both inorganic and organic matter. He/she can change an object’s or creature's shape, IE: turns a man into a mouse. At a high rank, the PC even has the ability to change subatomic particles, IE: turns water into glue.|
|86-00||Weight Manipulation||The PC can alter the mass of inorganic or organic matter, by either increasing or decreasing the weight of the target. The amount of increase is equal to the weight of the target plus the Power rank number times 10. The amount of decrease is equal to the weight of the target minus the Power rank divide by 10. If the PC is concentrating The following are possible stunts:|
- Attack target unarmed with Power rank damage.
- Flight at Power rank.
- Alter the speed of a target.
- Attack with Power rank attacks.
- Immovability at Power rank.
|top Matter Creation Powers|
|01-10||Artifact Creation||Create desired objects out of nothing, each pound costs 1 health, the character must have detailed knowledge of the designs he wants to create.|
|11-20||Chemical Creation||The PC can create a Chemical out of the molecules and particles in the air at Power rank. The PC does this by secreting chemicals out of his body and using a limited Molecular Conversion he/she can make a liquid compound from water to acid. The Power rank determines how dense or how acidity the intensity of the Chemical is. The following are some chemicals that can be created:|
- battery acid
- citric acid
- dish soap
The PC can create in one turn the number of fluid ounces equal to the power rank number. The mass quantity and duration of the Chemical is determined at the time of its creation.
- A Green FEAT gives the Chemical a low mass quantity and a duration of 1d10 turns.
- A Yellow FEAT raises the mass quantity to a good stability and a longer duration of 100 times 1d10.
- A Red FEAT makes the mass quantity of the Chemical a very high stability and duration of 1000 times 1d10.
Each ounce of Chemical created costs one point of the PC's Health temporarily.
|21-26||Elemental Creation||Same as Conversion except the element is created out of nothing. This gives nearly unlimited possibilities.|
|27-30||Hyper-Dimensional Pocket||The PC can create and open a small dimensional pocket out of the fabric of Space where he/she can store things and pull them out whenever desired. The Power rank determines the size of the opening equal to the number of inches per square foot. Thus, a Poor Hyper-Dimensional Pocket's opening would be 4 square inches.|
|31-39||Lifeform Creation||Maximum number of ounces equals the power rank number. A green reason FEAT gives a lifetime of 100* reason, yellow gives 10.000*, red is permanent. The hero must have detailed knowledge of the organism to create.|
|40-52||Mechanical Creation||Create machines, duration as above|
|53-60||Molecular Creation||Same as conversion except again out of nothing.|
|61-65||Nexus Creation*||The PC can create and open out of the fabric of Space a Nexus to another reality of Power rank effectiveness. A Power FEAT determines the duration of the rip in Space when it's created.|
- Green FEAT will last for 1d10 turns.
- Yellow FEAT will last for 1d100 turns.
- Red FEAT will last for 1d100*2 turns.
|66-76||Projectile Creation||Stunning of power rank or combined with other powers the player has like power negation/control or induced teleportation. The PC can create a Projectile of any kind with an unusual Power effect. The following are Projectiles that can be made:|
- paper airplane
|77-85||Spray||Does Feeble damage and visibility is -2CS, combined with other powers for instance freeze cloud when the character also has cold emission.|
|86-90||Undead Creation*||(This is similar to Lifeform Creation, yet the Lifeform is Undead). The character can create a zombie-like creature from a corpse or skeleton at Power rank.. Its Reason, Intuition and PsycheC scores are all Shift-0. Unless commanded, it does nothing. FASE scores are as follows, based on the original creature’s ability scores: F -2CS, A -2CS, S +1CS, E +2CS. No ability score will be reduced below Feeble.|
Power rank strength upon hardening, can also be combined for instance with spirit storage to capture disembodied spirits. Power Stunts possible include:
- Stunt—Web Chute: The Hero can make a Parachute out of webbing.
- Containers: The Hero can make a variety of containers such as backpacks, bags, pouches, patches for torn costumes, etc.
- Fireproof: The Hero's webbing is Resistant to fire.
- Gloves: The Hero may make gloves or kneepads or other small protective devices out of webbing to avoid damage from touching or bumping into things. Not that the Hero is clumsy, but this stunt protects them from damage caused by them hitting especially hard, sharp, hot, cold or otherwise dangerous objects.
- Stingers: Instead of soft webbing, the Hero can shoot stingers made of web material which acts like a Stun Blast if the stingers impact with a target's nerves. This stunt is one degree more difficult due to the precision required.
- Impact Webbing: Instead of a steam of webbing, Impact Webbing are little web-balls that expand and Ensnare shortly after contact. Impact Webbing is automatically one degree easier to hit targets with, but Ensnares as a Contingent Action
|top Mental Enhancements|
This power is basically the same as described on pp. 84-85, Player’s Book, with two exceptions. First, range is always based on the power rank as determined on p. 16, Player’s Book. Increased range can be bought as a bonus. Second, Dimension travel is not an automatic ability; it must be acquired as a power stunt. Character’s with Astral Projection of Remarkable or greater rank do not have to worry about their astral forms not being to find the ways back to their bodies. This permits some power stunts:
- Astral Detection. The character can automatically “see” astral creatures or projections even while not in astral form herself.
- Dimensional Travel. The character can astrally project across dimensional barriers, as if she had the Dimension Travel power.
- Passengers. The character can transport a number of people equal to or less than 1/10th her power rank, taking them along in astral form as well. If the character is lost, her passengers become lost also.
- Affect Normal World. The character can use a single mental or magical power to affect the material world while she is in astral form. Each different power usable in this fashion is a separate power stunt. Power rank is always reduced by -2CS. Furthermore, the character must make a Psyche FEAT against the unmodified power rank intensity or suffer the unmodified power rank in damage to Mental Health. For example, Astral Al has Emotion Control of Amazing rank. While in astral form, he attempts to cause fear in a foe. His Emotion Control affects the foe at Remarkable rank. Astral Al must also make a Psyche FEAT against Amazing intensity or suffer 50 points of damage to his Mental Health.
|03||Aura*||The PC has an Aura of Divinity of Power rank. All other characters in the same area must roll a Psyche FEAT against this Power's roll, or they will feel a strong intimidation and are awestruck. This means they will lose initiative, and one attack. This roll must be made each round. A second Psyche FEAT roll is made by all other characters in the same area to see if they are fully under the PC's Power. All other characters that are influenced by this Power, automatically will become followers; they will follow the PC and perform anything he/she wishes. The PC can not ask anything. Character has a Power of Command every 3 rounds. This is a simple, attention drawing command like; "stop," "look," "no," "duck/look out," "unhand her, "give it to me," and so on. Everyone in sound of the PC's voice must make a Red Psyche FEAT, or lose one action in the process of obeying the command. Followers gain a bonus of;|
- +1 to Initiative;
- +1CS to Fighting in a strike;
- +1CS to Agility in a Block, Evade or Dodge;
- and one additional attack when they are commanded to do something, like; "get him," "take him," etc.
The PC automatically gains an Amplified voice of Power rank intensity and range, a limited Enhanced Beauty at Power rank, and an Illusion of Appearance of power rank intensity.
(Video) Gaming Monk Review #59: TSR Month, Part 2 (Marvel Super Heroes: Nth Edition)
When creating the character at start, Player can either raise this Power's rank to +1CS of PC's Psyche if roll is lower, or if roll is higher, Player can raise his/her Psyche to a -1CS of this Power's rank number.
|04||Aura Alteration||The PC can alter the appearance of his Aura with a limited Illusion at Power rank. This means the PC can hide his true nature with a Power FEAT. Anyone with a mental power can avoid this Illusion by making a Red Psyche FEAT. If any other character makes the FEAT, they see the PC as he/she is. Any who're affected by this Illusion will see a different character. Any other Player using the Aura Perception Power and fails, Player can hand that other Player a fake or made up Character Sheet of his/her character.|
|05-06||Bio-Manipulation*||The PC can mentally manipulate biological functions or conditions in others at Power rank. There are 5 types of Bio-Manipulation effects.|
- Tissue Manipulation-This can cause a variety of effects:
- Cold or Hot
|07-08||Clairaudience||Hear distant sounds, -1CS resistance vs. sonics|
|09-10||Clairvoyance||See distant sights|
|11-12||Communicate with...||Communicate with... |
|13-14||Cosmic Awareness||Automatically detect CL1000 or better ability, +1CS attacks by detecting weak spots, discover information about things in the entire universe, when used more than 5 times make a secret reason FEAT vs. going insane temporarily|
|15-16||Cyber Transmission||The character must be able to access the computer by touch. By making a power FEAT against an intensity equal to the computer’s highest rank, the character gains access to the information stored on the computer. She may attempt to reprogram the computer. Each new command to be programmed requires a separate FEAT roll after access is acquired. If trying to reprogram a sentient computer or robot, this FEAT is always against Reason or Psyche intensity, whichever is higher.|
- Haywire. By accessing a computer, the character can cause it (and any systems it controls) to do unpredictable things for 1-10 turns. She has no control over the computer or its systems.
- Machine Animation. Once linked, the character can control mechanical systems controlled by the computer, causing them to perform in whatever ways are within their capacity.
- Mechanical Link. This power can be used on any machine. This enables the character to control mechanical systems even if no computer is present.
- Cyberspace: like Astral Travel, the hero’s mind leaves their body and goes into cyberspace. This will work on any computer, but if the hero enters one that is not designed with 3D graphics capabilities, the cyberspace is abstract and may be a little disorienting unless the Hero has related skills. Specifically, this stunt can be used in conjunction with Bionics, Computers, Electronics, Robotics, Spacecraft, Time Machinery and Weapons Systems to attempt to control those devices.
- Cyberspace with proper 3d graphics and a connection to the Internet can be "hacked" into, and the Hero may gain access to files. How, and how easily they can is dependent on the system.
- Cyber Telepathy: The once Linked the Hero may communicate with the computer just by thinking.
- System Adaptation: The Hero can easily adapt their knowledge and skills from one system to the next. They automatically get no penalties from using systems that are unfamiliar to them, unless the systems are totally alien to them. This can work beyond computing systems to any complex system.
- Magitech: This power may be used on magical technological devices like the Glamour Machine, Thor's Hammer, Mjolnir, and other sufficiently complex enchanted items.
|17-18||Dream Control*||The PC can mentally control the surrounding area of the Dreamscape with a limited form of Reality Manipulation at Power rank. (See the Reality Alteration Power, but within the scope of the Dreamscape). The PC automatically gains Dream Travel at Power rank.|
|18-19||Danger Sense||This is a reworked version of Combat Sense, p. 72, Player’s Book. A character with Danger Sense can become aware of imminent danger. When in a situation where some person, item, or presence poses an immediate threat, make a Danger Sense FEAT roll which warns up to power rank second before danger. FEAT intensity is determined below:|
- Critical Threat (superior foe, imminent death) = Typical
- Major Threat (equal foe, imminent serious damage) = Excellent
- Minor Threat (lesser foe, imminent minor damage) = Incredible
If the Danger Sense FEAT is successful, the character becomes aware of the threat and will not be surprised the turn it actually occurs. In combat, Danger Sense power rank can substitute for
- Intuition for surprise and initiative,
- Fighting for blocking
- Agility for dodging
- Strength for escaping.
Minimum rank is equal to Intuition.
|20-21||Dream Travel||The Hero can enter a surreal realm of dreams when they go to sleep, as opposed to "just a dream". The basic form of this power acts as a sort of resistance to mental controls, detection and damage while the hero is asleep. If the Judge has the old Realms Of Magic books, the Judge may decide that the Dream Realm is the one that Nightmare rules. Otherwise, the Dream Realm doesn't have a particular ruler.|
- Other’s dreams: The Hero may enter other people’s dreams in order to communicate or in an attempt to control the dream itself.
- Telepresence: The Hero’s "dream-self" may leave their body, and appear to other characters. The Dream-self can see and hear things, but cannot interact with them. Unlike with ESP, the Dream-self can be seen by other characters.
- Precognition: The Hero gains precognition.
- Detection: The Hero may attempt to detect the exact position of people he has previously visited.
- Detection Resistance: The Hero may resist attempts to find them by psychic, dream traveling or other metaphysical means.
- Astral Travel: The Hero may enter the Astral Plane using Dream Travel.
|22-23||Edetic Memory||The PC has a Total Memory of numbers, codes, and mathematical problems and answers. The PC can remember, calculate and read anything that's mathematical or encrypted at Power Rank plus his/her Reason rank.|
|24-25||Electrokinesis||The PC can create and control existing electricity by force of will and molecular agitation at Power rank. This Power works like Electrical Generation. (See Electrical Generation in the Energy Control section).|
|26-28||Empathic Transmission||The PC can project false emotions into others at Power rank. By making a Red Psyche FEAT, he/she can affect more than one person at a time at a -1CS. The duration of the set emotion depends on what FEAT is made.|
- Red FEAT-emotions will last 1d100 rounds.
- Yellow FEAT- emotions will last1d10 rounds.
- Green FEAT-emotions will last a round.
The target has one chance to resist the effects, by making a Psyche FEAT against the PC's Psyche FEAT. This Power is somewhat similar to the Pheromones. (See Pheromones in the Physical enhancement section).
|29-30||Empathic Vampirism*||The PC feeds off of the victim’s emotions at Power rank. The victim appears as if he/she has a heart attack or some other type of physical pain. Each time he/she feeds, the victim's abilities are -1CS for 1d10 turns. If he/she feeds with intent to kill, the victim's Endurance drops a -1CS per round, until it reaches Shift-0 at which point the victim dies.|
|31-32||Empathy||Detect surface emotions or send empathic messages|
|33-34||Free Spirit*||The character can survive the death of his physical body and live outside of it, he can share bonds with another host body (or posses it with the possession power), physical powers he possesses are then given to the bonded person.|
|35-36||Hallucinations*||Illusions directly inside a persons mind|
|37-38||Hydrokinesis||The PC can create and manipulate water by force of will and molecular agitation at Power rank. This Power works like Water Animation. (See Water Animation in the Matter Control section).|
|39-40||Hyper-Intelligence||Add this power rank to Intuition or reason|
|41-42||Hyper-Invention||Reason increased for invention purposes|
|43-44||Incarnation Awareness||The hero can contact his previous incarnations and ask them to perform deeds that will help him later on. This requires a FEAT with a -1CS penalty for each generation of incarnation.|
|45-46||Iron Will||This power absorbs up to a total of power rank damage, if it is released half of the damage is suffered for real. The hero can control when to release.|
|49-50||Memory Alteration||The PC can alter another person's memory at Power rank. He/she does this by either implanting new memories or erasing existing ones. The PC must first make a Psyche FEAT, before he/she can be affected by this Power.|
|51-52||Mental Duplication||Duplicate a target’s brain inside a part of your own brain to for instance learn secrets. The captured brain can try to take over on a Psyche -3CS roll|
|53-54||Mental Gestalt||The PC has an intellect that composes two or more relatively merged minds to form a collective powerful being of minds. When creating the PC, the Player has to create more different character's minds. The Gestalt PC may resemble a blending of personalities from each of the merged characters, or have completely different personalities all together. All selves are required to form the Mental Gestalt.|
|59-60||Mind Blast||Power rank damage and Psyche FEAT vs. intensity or KO for 1-10 rounds.|
|61-62||Mind Drain||Reduce Reason and Intuition by power rank, if at Shift-0 loss is permanent. Target may resist with Psyche FEAT, if successful the target is immune for 24 hours, but if a second FEAT fails the victims Psyche is also reduced by 1CS for 24 hours,|
|63-64||Omniscience**||The PC is ultimately in touch with the Universe. This Power is automatically CL1000. The PC has control of all Detection Powers, and Mental Powers regarding insight. |
Note: this is an Omni Power. A definite must for Judge intervention.
|65-66||Photographic Reflexes||The PC can perform any action he/she has seen at Power rank. All FEATS requiring Agility or Fighting done in the presence of the PC, are recorded and photographically etched into his/her mind. The PC must make a Power FEAT first, and then he /she can perform those same FEATS without expenditure of Karma. The PC however, must study the target for 3 rounds. The target when confronted by the PC receives a special ill fortune of dropping his/her Fighting and Agility to a -2CS. The PC also retains the same Talents that the victim has.|
|67-68||Photographic Memory||The PC can remember anything he/she has seen before at Power rank. This Power is similar to Total Memory, except that the PC cannot remember anything he/she's heard only what he/she's seen. Like the latter Power, Player will need paper to write down everything he/she's witnessed.|
|69-70||Postcognition||See in the past for a number of weeks equal to power rank number.|
- Green FEAT gives impressions
- Yellow gives general information
- Red gives information that the subject may not have been aware of.
|71-72||Precognition||the functioning of this power is entirely up to the judge|
|73||Psionic Vampirism||Drain Reason, Intuition and mental powers (see vampirism).|
|74||Psychic Solidification||The PC can mold and shape psychic energy into solid constructions of Power rank. Anyone touches this energy will suffer a limited Psyche drain permanently. Furthermore, the victim must also roll on Endurance, or is knocked out for 1d10 rounds. Any weapon created does specific damage only.|
|75||Psychokinesis||The PC can control and manipulate materials by force of will at Power rank and range. The Power rank determines what Material Strength he/she can control. The PC can cause material to entangle someone at Power rank ability and range. Treat this entangle as a Wrestling hold of Materials Strength rank.|
|77||Purge*||The PC has an ability to purge and cleanse his/her body of drugs, disease, toxins, etc. at Power rank. The PC must first make a Psyche FEAT, if he/she fails then an Endurance FEAT must be made.|
|78||Pyrokinesis||The PC can create and manipulate fire and flames by force of will and molecular agitation at Power rank. This Power works like Fire Control. (See Fire Control in the Energy Control section).|
|79||Remote Sensing||enhance the range of any sense|
|80||Sensory Link||See/hear etc. through another being.|
|81||Serial Immortality||When the character dies he is reborn either as baby, new complete body, premade clone, recently deceased other being or even a living being (psyche feat to resist).|
Power rank is equivalent to strength As a power stunts the character can:
- Telekinetic Armor: The Hero can boost their strength by half the intensity of Telekinesis for combat purposes.
|85||Telepathy||Communicate on a mind-to-mind basis, unwilling targets require a power FEAT vs. Psyche.|
|86||Total Memory||Total recall|
|87||True Charisma||The PC automatically has Enhanced Beauty at Power rank. the PC has a surrounding Charismatic aura that emanates. With this Power, the PC can cause one of the three responses:|
|88||Psychoblast||The character with this power has the ability to send out a wave of psionic force that fires all the brain's synapses at once and short circuits the consciousness of the target. The target may make an Endurance or Psyche FEAT (whichever is lower) to resist the effect. If the target fails this roll, they are Stunned for 1-10 rounds. However, even if they succeed at this roll, this is such a devastating attack that the target is still at a -1CS on all actions for the next 1-2 rounds (Judge's discretion). In some instances of this power, a successful Psyche FEAT by the target will trigger a psychic feedback that will Stun the Psychoblaster (Yellow Psyche FEAT to resist). Players who choose this as a limitation may increase this power by a +1CS. |
It should be noted that this power only works against those targets with an organic brain.
|89||Psionic Weaponry||Characters may create physical weaponry, such as clubs and swords (but not guns, etc.), through sheer force of psionic power. Material Strength is determined by the character's Psyche, with the damage determined by this Power rank. These Psionic Weapons will last only as long as the character concentrates on them. Should the character's weapon be broken or damaged, the character must make a Yellow Psyche FEAT or be stunned for 1-100 rounds.|
|90||Cyberspace Projection||Similar to the power of Astral Projection, this power allows characters to enter Cyberspace as pure information. Once in the data stream, the character's physical body is represented by their digital avatar (the cyber equivalent to an astral form). All the character's physical abilities are replaced by this power rank much like the power of Dreamtravel. Willing characters may be brought into Cyberspace along with this character by "piggybacking" the signal at a -2CS per person.|
|91||Prediction||This power comes in two forms - combat and non-combat. While it is possible to have both forms, the Judge should impose harsh restrictions on those who do. The combat form of this power allows the character add this power rank to his Fighting ability when in combat with someone he has observed for NO LESS THAN 5 rounds (once a Power FEAT is made, of course). Furthermore, once the 5 round limit has passed, this character does not need to declare his actions until after his opponents have declared theirs, regardless of who has initiative. Characters who have been accurately Predicted fight the owner of this power at a -2CS on all FEATs. The non-combat version of this power allows the character to make wildly intuitive leaps of reason to arrive at a future outcome with even the tiniest shred of input. Possible uses for this power include:|
- Discovering the next place a villain will strike
- Determining the secret HQ of said villain (if the villain is GOING there)
- Being able to head off a villain in a chase by predicting the direction he's going
- Really accurate weather forecasting
As a power stunt, the character may use this power in reverse to perform such mystifying feats as determining secret identities or the whereabouts of the villain's secret HQ (if he's already been there).
|92||Foreshadowing||This power gives the character a limited and subconscious control over several powers, including Precognition and Reality Alteration - Past. This power allows an observant character the chance to make an educated guess about the future events in his own life. The Judge is encouraged to be as creative as possible in this respect, without getting out of Hand. At the beginning of every play session, the Judge (not the player) makes a roll to determine how far reaching the effects of this power are, with the hints provided being more frequent or obvious the higher the color rolled. On a White result, the Judge is encouraged to lie like a rug, throwing wildly contradicting events at the hero until he thinks that Galactus himself might appear!|
|93||Omni-Knowledge||A character with this power has an innate, subconscious link to a sort of cosmic reference library. When he is presented with a question concerning information of which he was previously ignorant, the PC must make a FEAT. Green FEATs give him access to contemporary human knowledge. Yellow FEATs give him access to alien knowledge. Red FEATs give him access to Entity-level knowledge. Success means he is able to give a short, concise answer that only answers the initial question. As a limit to this power, the question must be asked of the hero by another person. Also, despite his ability to "know" any given topic, the PC might not be able to understand it. His comprehension is still limited by his Reason. This power enables the Judge to create idiot savants who can decipher the workings of Galactus's Worldship but are unable to tie their shoelaces. For example: Ref-Book and his buddy Jaunt find themselves in the Watcher's recreation room, facing a piece of alien technology. Ref-Book has no idea of what the thing is, but when Jaunt asks the magic question "What is that?" Ref-Book's power goes to work. He makes a Red FEAT, gains the necessary knowledge, and says "It's a television set." "Well, how do we turn it on?" asks Jaunt. Ref-Book fails his next FEAT and says, "Beats me."|
|94||Death Field Generation||The hero can generate an anti-life field that destroys all but 1 health point of all creatures in range. The range is found on Column A of the Simultaneous Actions Table. A power rank feat roll is made to determine the color feat roll the victim needs. The victim rolls their psyche to reduce the damage to half their health points. The hero will then be unable to perform any actions for 1-20 rounds. This power can only be used two times/day.|
|95||Confusion||The hero has the ability to induce confusion on a victim within range. Range is determined on Column A. With a successful power rank feat roll, the hero can cause the corresponding effect for three rounds.|
- Green - victim does nothing but defend
- Yellow- all actions at -2CS
- Red - flees for three rounds
- The victim is allowed a Psyche FEAT roll to resist, with the intensity equal to the color result received on the power rank feat roll.
|96||Fear||The hero can cause fear in a target within range. Range is found on Column A. The victim must make a psyche feat roll with the power rank as the intensity. The effect lasts five rounds, but if the victim is unable to respond as indicated then they are stunned for 1-20 rounds. Psyche resistance rolls:|
- Red resists
- Yellow all actions at -1CS
- Green flees as fast as possible
- White paralysis
|97||Will Force||The hero can mentally increase any one physical FASE ability score or power by +1CS for a duration equal to the color result once a day.|
- Red: 10 rounds
- Yellow: 8 rounds
- Green: 5 rounds
- White: 3 rounds.
The hero must then make a successful Psyche FEAT roll or rest for 1-10 rounds. The increase may be raised to a maximum of +2CS with a successful Psyche FEAT roll for 1 round. At the conclusion the hero must make an Endurance FEAT on the Stun column to avoid passing out from becoming physically and mentally exhausted.
|98||Photographic Reflexes||The PC takes 3 rounds to analyze physical talents when seen in use by other people. At that point the PC may temporarily copy these talents for 1 minute times the power rank. The PC uses his/her stats, but may have the benefit of any physical talent in this fashion (fighting talents, physical ones like swimming or climbing, etc). |
Optional Powers: Mental Duplication
Nemesis Powers: Invisibility
|99||Ultimate Skill*||The PC has a talent, which he's honed. The Talent is automatically Unearthly rank. Talents that may have the Ultimate skill are:|
- Weapon skills: All
- Fighting skills: All
- Scientific skills: All
- Other skills: except bonus gaining
Note: Judge will decide on what Talents can be used for Ultimate skill
|00||Karmic Tap||This power allows characters to tap into their reservoir of willpower (Karma) and increase any power or ability by 1 point for every 2 Karma spent. The power rank is the limit of Karma you can use in 1 round. The Duration is the round in which you spend the Karma. Rolling an Amazing FEAT roll will get you another round of benefit from the Karma spent. If the FEAT is rolled and failed, PC must spend the same amount of Karma for that round. If there is insufficient Karma to do so, the remainder is taken from the PC's health. This power is considered a free action, may be done in addition to other actions in the round. |
Optional Powers: None
|01-03||Abnormal Physiology||The PC has a human appearance, but there is a slight difference in his/her Physiology, than a normal human. The PC's powers derive from this unique abnormality. When creating the character, Player must work with the Judge and using their imagination, come up with an abnormality. The following are some abnormalities:|
- Prehensile toes/feet
- mirrored eyes
- completely double-jointed
|04-06||Armor Skin||Permanently altered skin (plates, leather, inorganic) gives body armor|
|07-08||Bodily Tension||The PC can either expand or contract his/her muscles at Power rank. The PC has two unique abilities:|
- Expansion: The PC can flex his/her muscle tissue and fat enabling him/her to break through any restraints of Material Strength equal to -1CS of his/her Strength or lower.
- Contraction: The PC can flex his /her muscle tissue and fat enabling him/her to entrap objects within the folds of his/her flesh at a-1CS of power rank.
The PC automatically gains a body armor at Power rank.
|09-10||Body Resistance||Body armor without apparent changes|
- Hallucinogenic: Fighting and Intuition drop -3CS
- Bioluminescence: light generation
- Napalm Grip: create fire on contact
- Boom Boxing: combustion on contact
|13-14||Cocoon*||The PC is able o spin a Cocoon of Material Strength equal to Power rank. He/she can create this Cocoon within seconds. Once inside, the PC can be healed at a +2CS of Power rank ability. This includes a purification of toxins or disease found in the body at Power rank.|
|15-16||Death Simulation||The PC's metabolism slows to a degree that he/she appears dead. The PC goes into a state of Suspended Animation at Power rank, and cannot react for the duration of the Power. When in the Simulation, he/she can hear, feel a touch, or see with a limited ability. The PC can come out of the trance at any moment desired. The PC can not be detected alive; not even an Aura Perception can tell if the PC's alive.|
|17-18||Detonation||The PC can cause dramatic explosive magnitudes with just the clap of his/her hands of Power rank intensity and range.|
|19-20||Digestive Adaptation||the character can digest anything and has +4CS resistance to poisons|
|21-22||Enhanced Beauty*||The PC has a natural phenomenal beauty. This counts as an Aura of Power rank intensity. He/she also has a limited Hypnotic Control of the opposite sex at Power rank. Those that behold him/her must make a Red Psyche FEAT to avoid becoming a slave to the PC. (See the Power Aura in the Mental Enhancement section of this update).|
|23-24||Hyper-Agility||The PC has a phenomenal super Agility. The Power rank of this Power is added to the natural Agility of the PC, and this becomes the new Agility when performing unnatural Agility FEATs.|
|25-26||Hyper-Breath||The PC can create a Power rank intensity wind by just blowing his/her breath. Also the temperature of the breath is at Power rank intensity to each respective temperature. IE: Cold or Hot. The Breath can encompass an area equal to number of the Power rank / 10. Thus, our fearless hero with a Hyper-Breath of Monstrous can freeze a lake of 7.5 areas.|
|27-28||Hyper-Endurance||The PC has an unnatural super Endurance when desired at Power rank plus his/her natural Endurance rank. This superior rank can also be used during a Hyper-Charge, that the PC automatically can perform at this new adjusted rank. The PC also gets Body armor at Power rank, before adjustment is made.|
|29-30||Hyper-Strength||The PC has a phenomenal enhanced strength through certain stimulus. There are three stimuli that give the PC his/her Hyper-Strength. The following is a list of the types of Hyper-Strengths. When creating the Character the Player may choose only one:|
- Adrenaline Surge: This is caused by severe temper or stress of the PC.
- Emotion Enhanced: This is caused by the severe increase of Emotions of others around the PC.
- Psychological Enhanced: This is caused by some Psychological factor (Judge must work with Player to develop a Psychological stimuli).
The Maximum Rank of this Hyper-Strength is equal to the Power rank rolled added to the natural Strength rank. The natural Strength rank increases/round up to this new adjusted Strength rank as long as the stimuli is present.
|31-32||Hyper –Speed||Can perform tasks at rank times as fast|
|35-36||Immortality*||The PC has Immortality|
|37-38||Immovability||The PC has the unique ability to firmly plant himself to the ground at Power rank. When firmly planted, his/her natural strength becomes that of the Power rank plus his/her natural Strength, and no one with strength less than this adjusted rank, can move him/her. It requires a newly adjusted Power rank equaled Strength FEAT plus a red Endurance FEAT to move him/her, and even this pulls up the ground around him/her. This also gives him/her a Body Armor of this same new adjusted rank. The PC can never be stunned or slammed, regardless of what MA or attack column is used.|
|39-40||Immunity||The PC has Immunity towards a certain attack. When creating the character the Play can opt to either choose or role one Immunity. (See Force Fields): |
Die Roll Immunity
01-11 Emotion Attack
12-20 Energy Attack
21-35 Magic Attack
36-70 Mental Attack
71-87 Physical Attack
88-92 Power Manipulation Attack
93-00 Vampirism Attack
|41-42||Karma Power*||The PC can adjust the odds to his/her favor just by relating to Good Karma. Only a Good PC can have this Power, if the Character is meant to be a vigilante or any Character not of an Alignment of Captain America, Dare Devil, Spiderman, etc. Player must re-roll another Power. When the cause is just and the motives are good and/or selfless, the following bonuses apply to the PC:|
- +2CS to all Abilities
- +1CS to Endurance FEATs for stun, slam, or kill
- +1CS to Psyche FEATs for Mental or Magic attack.
- +1 to initiative
- +1 attack
- Kill results only stun opponents
The Karma Power can also affect others in the same area as the PC, if the he/she is concentrating on them. This is done by the PC taking off 1 round to concentrate. He/she cannot perform any action that round or he/she loses concentration and the benefits below:
Bonuses for others:
- +1CS to all FEATs
- +1 to initiative
Penalties for Villians:
- -1CS on all FEATs
- -1 on initiative
Bad Karma: When the PC performs anything involving a negative Karma, all bonuses become nil, until he/she performs something of positive Karma. A second offense gives the PC the Penalties of Villains. This Disadvantage lasts till the PC does something worth 100 points Karma.
|43-44||Life Support*||The PC can survive under hostile conditions for the length of time in turns equal to the Power rank number. Life Support is opposed to the intensity (rank) of the environment to make sure you can survive. Possible power stunts are:|
- Life Sphere: Your Hero can create a sphere roughly the intensity’s feet in radius from the hero’s body. Within this sphere, all occupants have Life Support equal to the Hero’s rank.
|45-46||Longevity*||The PC is not Immortal, but has a life span of the Power rank number / 10 in number of years in millions. The PC also has an True invulnerability to all Disease and toxin at Power rank.|
|47-48||Lung Adaptability||Can breathe gas or liquid even poisons|
|49-50||Malleability*||The PC has the natural ability to reshape, and stretch his/her body at Power rank range. The PC is so malleable, he/she ignores all kill results, and has Power rank Regeneration and Recovery equal to his/her Health. For example if the PC's Health was 110, then he would have a Regeneration of Unearthly, and a Recovery of Unearthly.|
|51-52||Metabolic Resistance||The PC has an innate resistance to Drugs, Toxins, Disease, and other harmful factors involving the PC's metabolism at Power rank.|
|53-54||Non-Detection||The PC is not registered to be detected by any Power at all, or any type of visual mechanism. The PC is not invisible, however; just not detectable within any range, no matter of what the Column Shift is.|
|55-56||Omnipotence**||The PC's life is ultimately protected. The Power rank is automatically CL1000. The PC has control of all Defensive and Physical Enhancement Powers regarding protection. |
Note: this is an Omni Power. A definite must for Judge intervention.
|57-58||Pheromones||An aerosol version of hypnotic control, the target must be able to smell and taste|
|59-60||Quills||The PC has a natural hide of Quills at Power rank Body Armor. The Quills can also be fired upon targets with Power rank accuracy and range. The PC delivers +1CS damage on touch.|
|61-62||Regeneration||the character heals power rank/10 points of health per combat round|
|63-64||Retarded Aging*||The PC will forever stay in Peak physical condition. When first creating the Character, the Player can bring all the PC's Physical abilities to a +1CS(FASE).|
|65-66||Self-Revival||A new body grows from the largest remaining piece when the character is dead|
|67-68||Self-Sustenance||Survive without air, water or food|
|69-70||Stealth||Subtract rank from those tracking him (Monstrous tracking vs. Excellent stealth is decreased to Typical tracking)|
|71-72||Strength Absorption*||The PC can drain the physical Strength energy of others within the same area equal to Power rank. This is done by a Power FEAT against the target's Strength. If the PC makes the FEAT, he/she absorbs an equal number of points in Strength, and adds them to his/her Strength. The victim's Strength lost is only temporarily while the PC has drained it, and this weakens the victim to a lesser Power rank. The PC can drain the Strength as long as he makes his/her Power FEAT. If the target's strength reaches 0, then that person is disabled, and cannot perform any action until he/she gains their Strength back. Strength comes back at a rate equal to the Original Strength rank / 10 per round. Neither the victim’s nor the PC's Health changes when this Power is in effect.|
|75-76||Techno-Organic Body*||The PC's metabolism is a combination of skeletal and musculature along with machines. The PC has Power rank Shapeshifting; Communication w/ Cybernetics; and Energy Path. The PC also has a virus which he can affect others with the same Power. To pass this virus on, the PC must make a Red Power FEAT with no Karma.|
|77-78||True Invulnerability*||Damage is reduced by the number of power ranks, so excellent damage on one with Good True Invulnerability would do only Feeble damage (since the difference is 1 rank)|
|79-80||Unstoppability*||The PC cannot be stopped when he/she starts moving. This Power is automatically CL1000 to block. When creating the Character the Player may increase the PC's Strength and Endurance to the Power rank rolled plus the natural Strength and Endurance roll. Once the PC starts moving, it takes CL1000 strength or better to completely stop him/her.|
|81-82||Vocal Control||Duplicate any sound or voice|
|85-86||Water Freedom||No negative effects under water. When above water Strength and Endurance +2CS and Agility -2CS|
|87-88||Longevity||A specialized form of Immortality, this power grants immunity to the ravaging effects of time. The player will not age, but may still be killed normally. Players who use this power to create a history for their character automatically get the Linguistics Talent and an additional number of Contacts equal to this Power rank divided by 10 (i.e. Incredible Power rank would grant an additional 4 contacts). The player does NOT have to choose these Contacts during character creation, but rather may choose them during game play.|
|89-90||Non-Stick Substance||The hero is able to secrete a substance that is extremely slippery and may even be frictionless. The most common use of this Power in the Marvel Universe is as a Body Coating. When used in this manner, the Non-Stick Coating provides Power rank resistance to Blunt Physical attacks and Grappling (including Powers such as Webbing, Wall-Crawling, et al.). If the hero covers the bottom of his feet with this substance, he may "skate" along the ground at up to Good ground speed. |
Alternately, this power may be projected from the hero to cover other things and people. Covering the ground (or walls as the case may be) causes his opponents to make an Agility FEAT versus the Intensity of this Power rank or fall. Characters who find themselves unwillingly covered in this Substance must subtract this Power rank from their Agility and make a Green Agility FEAT (under the new rank) or be unable to act. The Non-Stick Substance used in this fashion is a Power rank antidote for such powers as Webbing, Bonding, Wall-Crawling and other such adhesive powers.
|91-92||Threshold- Physical||The character with this power is unable to feel anything over a certain threshold. Their ability to feel pain is severely reduced and as such are immune to Stun results, though not Slams. The power rank is used to determine exactly how desensitized the character is. For example, someone hits a character with a Remarkable rank Threshold with a punch with Incredible Strength. The character would only feel as if they had been hit by a Good strength punch. If the punch had been of Remarkable Intensity, the character would not have felt the punch at all. This power in no way reduces the damage done, only what the hero FEELS. This power has the added bonus of negating the Endurance rules regarding Automatic Stuns. Characters may add this power rank to their Psyche when determining the effectiveness of torture and other nasty things.|
|93-94||Hyper-Fighting||When this power is rolled, it adds its power rank number to the character’s Fighting rank.|
|95-96||Body Enhancement||The hero may temporarily increase one body function. This power adds the power rank to the hero's ability, or temporarily gains the listed power. The duration is the number of rounds equal to the power rank number, but can only be used once every six hours. At the end of the duration, the hero must make a Psyche FEAT roll. Failure and the hero must roll his endurance with the following effects: |
Red no effect
Yellow stunned 1-4 rounds
Green stunned 1-6 rounds
White stunned 1-10 rounds
Die Roll Effect
- telescopic vision
- body resistance
|97-98||Dual Brain||The hero has two brains. This power grants power rank resistance to mental attacks and adds the power rank number to the hero's reason.|
|99-00||Poison Generation||The hero can administer a specific poison on touch. The intensity is equal to the power rank. If a red result is rolled, the victim takes power rank damage and must roll his Endurance with the following effects: |
Red: half damage
Yellow: -1CS on all mental attributes and power FEAT rolls for 1-6 rds
Green: stunned 1-4 rds.
White: stunned 1-10 rds.
This only happens if a red power FEAT roll is made and is in addition to whatever type of poison the hero has. The victim receives an Endurance FEAT vs. the intensity to resist. Roll die to see effect.
- drugged- -1cs physical abilities 1-10 rds
- sickens- endurance feat or incapacitation 1-10 rds
- progressive damage- power rank damage on contact + next rd.
- paralysis- endurance feat or paralyzed 1-10 rds. only use mental powers
- knockout- Endurance FEAT or asleep 1-10 rds
- knockout- Endurance FEAT or asleep 2-20 rds.
|top Power Control|
|01-04||Assimilation||The PC has an extraordinary ability to copy genetic structures of the superhuman at Power rank and range. The intensity of this Power determines how well the PC can use the duplicated Powers and talents, and how many powers and talents at once he/she can use. Should the Player decide to limit the range by touch, he/she can raise this power rank a +1CS. The range is of this power is found under column B of the Range Table. The PC can assimilate a maximum number of powers. The Player must make a Red Power FEAT at the time chosen, then the number of targets the PC can copy at one time is determined by the maximum rank number (rounded off by tens) and/10. IE: Xerox has the Assimilation power at a power rank of Monstrous (the maximum rank number rounded off to tens is 80). Therefore at a maximum ability, he can copy 8 powers and talents at once.|
|05-08||Avatar*||The PC automatically is given the bonus Power of an Alter Ego of a Diety. This Alter Ego is an Avatar of another Diety or conglomeration of many Diety's abilities. Therefore, all source of powers of the PC are derived from the Avatar. Any previously generated powers are automatically now a portion of the Avatar's powers. When creating the character, the Player follows the rules for creation of a diety combing all previously generations into one. The player must work with a Judge and design the statistics of the Avatar, which he/she has chosen or imagined. |
Note: This is a Godly Power.
|09-12||Base*||The PC has a mental link with every portion of his/her base at power rank. The Base moves and shapechanges upon the merest commands of the PC. The Base can also develop both offensive and defensive gadgets, powers and abilities at Power rank.|
- Manipulation: Change directions by a Green FEAT, alter effects on a Yellow and completely alter a power with a red.
- Magnification/Reduction: increase or decrease by this power rank.
- Negation: negate at a successful feat. Indirect control can be dodged.
|17-20||Cosmic Host*||The PC is linked mentally with a cosmic entity. When the Player chooses this power, he/she must set aside all previously generated powers, or choose another power. The entity is a separate persona that is a part of the PC, which thrives on his/her emotions. When a certain emotion chosen by the Player and accepted by the Judge is displayed, the PC's persona reverts into the entity's persona. When generating this power, the Player may choose 3 primary abilities to be enhanced a +3CS, and 1 primary ability at a +6CS. All remaining powers generated, automatically are raised a +3CS. All primary abilities have a limit of (Unearthly) except 1 primary ability. All powers also are limited to (Unearthly). Should the PC reach this limit or beyond it, Player must then retire for the True persona of the entity has taken over and becomes an NPC now. This is a delicate and powerful ability, which must be periodically maintained, and reviewed with the Judge. |
Note: This is a Cosmic Power.
|21-24||Dance||The PC's powers are generated by a Dance, which he/she performs. When generating the character, the Play may opt to choose any number of the previously generated powers and combine them in the Dance. The character's powers involved with the Dance automatically receive a bonus of a +1CS.|
|25-28||Hyper-Power*||The PC has a psychological stimulus that increases his/her FASE or RIP to a +1CS when in effect. When creating the character, the Player must come up with a psychological stimulus, and choose which group of ability stats that he/she wants the PC to have enhanced when in contact of the stimuli. IE: Moonknight's FASE ability ranks are enhanced during a full moon.|
|29-32||Investment*||The PC can invest a chosen target with powers at Power Rank. The Player must make a Power FEAT, to determine the duration of the bestowed powers. The following is a list of intensity FEATs and the duration:|
- Green: 1d10 hrs.
- Yellow: 1day
- Red: Permanent
Note: Should the PC decide to invest a target with permanent powers, he/she must also spend an additional amount of Karma 5 times the Power rank number.
|33-36||Multi-Tasking||The PC has the unique ability to basically use any two powers at once. Player gets to generate one more additional power. He/she may opt to discard this power and choose another.|
|37-40||Omniversal**||The PC has an extraordinary ability to use any power at Power rank and range. All previously generated powers must be discarded when this power is chosen. The PC however must still make a Power FEAT in order to use a chosen power. Should the PC fail his/her FEAT, then he/she must make another FEAT on a different chosen power. Moreover, any power that the PC was not able use, cannot then be used until the following day. |
Note: This is an Omni Power.
|41-44||Power Absorption*||The PC can absorb the superhuman powers of his/her victims at Power rank.|
|45-48||Power Creation*||Create up to power rank power at -3CS (not on himself) duration is 1 day times the creators Reason on a green FEAT, yellow gives 10 days times Reason and red gives permanently.|
|49-52||Power Domination||Some sort of domination the character can control the use of powers, it's a FEAT of power rank vs. Psyche.|
|53-56||Power Duplication||This is the only power a character can have, he duplicates any one power at a time at his own power rank, a green FEAT enables him to store the knowledge of the power for future use, otherwise he must be within 10 feet of the power used. The other powers rolled when the character was created are powers, which he previously encountered.|
|57-60||Energy Source||The hero draws his power from an outside source. (you may roll another power)|
|61-64||Energy Source Creation||The character can create objects that can hold powers and that are released on special circumstances. The item for instance can act as another characters power source.|
|65-68||Power Focus||Channel all his power ranks and ability ranks in 1 ability or power burst. They are all totaled together in one massive outburst, afterwards all ranks drop to Feeble. This power rank number is the number of points the character can regain each turn.|
|69-72||Power Gestalt||A power created when two characters touch|
|73-76||Nemesis||Replaces all other powers. In 2 round the characters can develop a counter-power vs. his adversary or up to a +1CS version of the adversary’s own power. The nemesis power can cope with only 1 person at a time.|
|77-80||Power Transferal||Transfer a part of your powers to another|
|81-84||Power Vampirism||Drain powers as vampirism|
|85-88||Residual Absorption||Duplicate a power by absorbing leftover traces. green FEAT gives a duration of reason x 100 turns, yellow: reason x 10.000 turns, red: permanent.|
|89-91||Scream||The PC can emit a Scream that is the source and focus of his/her powers. The Player may opt to choose this power or another. The rank of the power caused by the scream is equal to the original power rank of the power, plus the rank of this power. Should the Player decide to keep this power, he/she may opt to choose an additional power.|
|92-94||Selection||Only one of the characters powers can be used at a time (roll another power).|
|95-97||Weakness Creation||Bestow a character with a weakness with a duration of 10 turns x reason when a green FEAT is made, 1000 x when yellow, 10.000 x when red.|
|98-00||Imbuing*||The character with this power has the ability to charge an object or person with raw power. How that power is released is dependent on which form of the power the player rolls. |
01-70 Objects only
71-95 Beings only
96-00 Objects and Beings
- Objects only: The character may take power from an extra-dimensional or cosmic source and imbue it into an item. These items may inflict power rank damage if thrown. Optionally, the Judge may determine that the size of the object may affect the damage done with larger objects gaining a +1CS and smaller object inflicting -1CS. It may also be stated that for every additional round that the character spends imbuing the item, the damage may be increased by +1CS, with a maximum of +3CS. If the item is not released before the beginning of the fourth round, the energy becomes internalized and the character takes damage equal to his power plus +3CS.
- Beings only: The character with this form of the power may grant superhuman abilities to ordinary beings. Powers granted may not exceed this power rank. When granting powers to others, a power FEAT roll must be made. On a White result, powers granted are at a -3CS to this power rank; on a Green result, powers are granted at power rank intensity but are determined randomly; On a Yellow, the powers may be chosen; and on a Red FEAT, the powers are granted permanently.
- Objects and Beings: POOF! You're Galactus!
|01-04||Age Shift||Alter apparent age|
|09-12||Anatomical Separation||The Hero can split their body up into several pieces and control the pieces individually. This may represent a mechanical Hero remote controlling robotic hands or a mutant with total telepathic control of their body. The piece are hereby referred to as Homunculi. The Hero can be decapitated or otherwise take "lethal" cutting damage and survive; though the shock may make them fall unconscious. All the parts of the Hero's body are able to move independently. They usually work in unison when together.|
Each time the Hero deliberately detaches a Homunculus, they must add an H point. If the total value of cards in the Hero's hand is ever equal to or less than the H-points, than the Hero falls unconscious. In addition, there can never be more Homunculi than the Hero's Homunculus Intensity, unless the Swarm stunt is taken.
Homunculi usually have 1/2 the Strength of the Hero, twice the Agility (max 20) of the Hero, and the same amount of Endurance. All Homunculi are aware of their surroundings even if they lack sensory organs.
(Video) The Classic FASERIP Podcast Volume 1 Issue 1 – Tell me about FASERIP
If a Homunculus is "lost" from the Hero for more days than the Intensity of Homunculus, then the Homunculus dies and the Hero can regenerate that part of their body or otherwise grow a new Homunculus. Loosing a Homunculus is always distressing for the Hero.
- Sidekick: The Hero can actually produce a small character or two that can act as their sidekick. The sidekick will be totally loyal to the hero and have the same Intellect as the Hero. The player may "pay" for the Sidekick to have a power or several of their own as if the player were paying for a Hero's power. The Sidekick is able to temporarily "merge" with the Hero, but their natural state is separate.
- Critter: Instead of detached body parts, the hero may "generate" small creatures which act as scouts. This is not the same as Sidekick as the Critters have Intellect 0.
- Swarm: The Hero may become a swarm of Homunculi. Homunculus must be 10+ for this to work. This may take the form of zillions of tiny versions of the Hero, a shape-shifting blob, a swarm of insect-like critters or whatever. While in a Swarm, the maximum damage the Hero can take from non-"area of affect" attacks is 5. The Swarm may make as many actions as 1/2 the Intensity of Homunculus
- Wandering Eye: This is just like the Additional Sensor(s) stunt
- Regeneration: The Hero(and Homunculi) gains Regeneration.
- Resistance to Blades: Anything that could cut a regular person or hero is much less effective against the Hero with this power, not because The Hero doesn't get cut, but because the cutting doesn't hurt them…
- Telekinesis: The Hero gains Telekinesis limited to the Homunculi.
- Telepathy: The Hero gains Telepathy limited to the Homunculi.
|13-16||Animal Transformation||The FEAT roll to transform is against the animal’s highest rank. FASE become that of the animal imitated. The character can also assume the animal’s Intuition, if desired. All of the animal’s powers are gained. Power Stunts:|
- Exceptional Animal Form. The character can become an exceptional specimen of a specific animal. Each different exceptional animal is a separate power stunt. The character is allowed to divide her Animal Form power rank among the animal’s ability scores and powers. No single ability score or power can be raised more than +2CS from the normal.
- Powered Animal Forms. The character can retain one super power while in any animal form. Each different super power to be retained is a separate power stunt. For example, Animus has four powers: Animal Form, Lightning Speed, Protected Vision, and Water Breathing. Normally, in any animal form, none of his powers except Animal Form function. As a stunt, Animus could learn to become an animal with, say, his normal Lightning Speed power.
- Talking Animal. The character retains the ability to speak while in animal form.
- Mythical Animal Form. The character can become a type of mythical, imaginary, or extinct animal, such as a griffon, a winged tiger, or a dinosaur. The ability scores and powers of the mythical animal must be worked out in advance by the player and/or the Judge. No ability score or power should be ranked higher than Animal Form +1CS. It always takes a FEAT roll using Animal Form versus the mythical animal’s highest rank to transform. Each different mythical animal form is a separate power stunt.
|17-20||Animal Mimicry||With it, a character acquires abilities of an animal, but does so without changing shape. Animal Mimicry does not affect the character’s other powers. For example, Mimicimal uses Animal Mimicry to acquire the abilities of an eagle. He can fly as an eagle even though he doesn’t have wings. FASE and Intuition only change if the animal’s ability score is higher than the character’s. To continue the example, since Mimicimal has an Excellent (20) Strength, when mimicking an eagle, his Strength does not change. Mimicking requires a FEAT against the animal’s highest rank. Some of the power stunts under Animal Transformation apply here as well.|
|21-24||Blending|| Power Sunt includes:|
- Crowds: The Hero can make him or herself simply unnoticeable in a crowd or in a place here there are usually a lot of people. They simply blend in to the situation. People can see them, but they don't recognize or think much of them.
|25-28||Body Adaptation||By means of this impressive power, the character’s body actually changes to adapt to hostile environmental conditions. These changes require one turn of concentration to effect. When in use, Adaptation duplicates whatever powers would counteract the harmful environmental condition, doing so at the same power rank as Adaptation or the rank of source of damage, whichever is lower. There are, however, a certain class of things that Adaptation will not defend against. Adaptation normally provides no defense against attacks, such as those that result from other super-powers or raw Strength. Some common sense is needed when adjudicating Adaptation’s effects. Only damage from persistent sources of harm can be negated by Adaptation.|
For example, Adaptrix prepares to charge into a burning building. She has Adaptation of Amazing power. The Judge has ruled that the fire has Remarkable intensity. Adaptrix acquires Resistance to Fire of Remarkable power, protecting her from the flame. If the Judge had decided on a smoke hazard as well, Adaptrix’s lungs would have altered to protect against smoke inhalation. While searching for people trapped in the building, Adaptrix is attacked by Pyron the Evil Flame Lord. If Pyron attacks Adaptrix with a flame blast, Adaptrix still has Resistance to Fire, but her Adaptation power will not allow her to boost the defense against Pyron specifically. If Pyron should choose to whomp her with a chair, Adaptation provides no defense at all.
|29-32||Body Transformation||Change elemental nature of his own body, this includes changing into liquid or gas. Each different transformed state is a separate power stunt (see below). In any form, the character gains Body Armor equal to power rank or material strength, whichever is less or more appropriate.|
- Energy State. The character can transform into a coherent form of energy. While in energy form, she has Flight, Energy Blast, and the appropriate energy control power at Body Transformation power rank. Other abilities may be developed as additional power stunts.
- Liquid State. As a liquid, the character can flow through narrow spaces. The character acquires Elongation at Body Transformation power rank,as well as Strength at -2CS power rank. Other abilities may be developed as additional power stunts.
- Semi-solid State. Similar to liquid state, the character can flow through narrow spaces. She acquires Plasticity and Elongation at Body Transformation power rank, as well as Strength at -2CS power rank. Other abilities may be developed as additional power stunts.
- Solid State. The character acquires the properties of a solid, such as steel or rock. She gains Strength equal to Body Transformation power rank or material rank, whichever is less.
|33-36||Body Coating||This coating prohibits the use of any powers but also protects the hero vs. any harm until the coating is destroyed.|
|37-39||Chemical Mimicry||Only chemical alteration of his body, no visual changes|
|40-41||Density Control - Self||For every rank of Density Control above Typical in effect, the character enjoys a +1CS to Strength and a -1CS to Agility. This change takes precedence over the third paragraph of Density Manipulation - Self, p. 77, Player’s Book. At Shift-0 Agility, the character can no longer move, but may act normally in place. Density Control also grants Body Armor rank equal to current level of Density Control. For example, a character with a Good Strength, an Excellent Agility, and Remarkable Density Control assumes maximum density. Her Strength increases +3CS, her Agility decreases -3CS, and she acquires Remarkable Body Armor.|
Of course, the character can also decrease her density, with normal effects as described on pp. 77-78, Player’s Book.
|42-43||Energy Body||Body consists of one type of energy|
|44-46||Energy Sheath||An energy sheath surrounds the characters body and as with body coating damage to the sheath does not result in damage to the body only when the heath is destroyed, it takes a red FEAT to restore the sheath|
|47-49||Evolution||Evolve in a caveman (increase FASE, decrease RIP) or giant brain (decrease FASE increase RIP). Caveman has Typical tracking, brain has Typical telekinesis and True Flight|
|50-52||Imitation||Change form (gain outward powers)|
|56-58||Physical Gestalt||Two normal person form into one superhuman|
|59-60||Plant Mimicry||Change into plantform (form does not change much). This can have varies effects:|
- Photosynthesis: no need of food
- Fragrance: summon insects
- Rooting: immovability
- Poison touch
|61-62||Prehensile Hair||Number of actions and Strength and Agility of the hair are given in the following table: |
|Rank||Number of Actions||Strength/Agility|
If the power is somehow nullified characters agility and movement -4CS.
|63-64||Prehensile Skin||Characters with this powerhave the ability to move their skin itself as if it were an independent limb, stretching and flexing it to manipulate objects with an effective Strength rating equal to the skin's power rank. While the skin is usually at a normal length and consistency, the skin can become rubbery and stretch a number of yards equal to the power rank number. Direct attacks on the skin, when it is all stringy, inflict an amount of damage proportionate to the surface area of the damaged skin. The maximum amount of damage being one fourth of the character's health score; any more simply destroys the elongated skin, leaving a nasty mark on the character until the lost hide grows back. Skin lost in this manner heals as soon as the character recovers all the Health lost with the skin.|
|65-66||Razorskin||Characters with this power, as the name implies, possess skin of the very sharp variety. When attacking with this sharp stuff, the character will inflict +1CS EA damage, based on either their Str or End (razorskin can enhance melee and charging attacks). Likewise, when a body attacks the razorskinned person with barehanded attacks (like a punch) they'll inflict as much EA to themselves as they inflict BA to their target.|
|67-68||Self-Duplication||A character with this power can form duplicates of herself at a rate of one dupe per turn. Each duplicate has all of the characters abilities, talents, and powers (except this one), but with a -1CS penalty where applicable. The maximum number of dupes depends on power rank:|
|Power Rank||Number of Dupes|
|Shift-0 - Poor||0|
|Typical - Excellent||1|
|Remarkable - Amazing||2|
|Monstrous to Unearthly||5|
|Shift-X or more||10 upwards|
Each dupe is capable of independent action. There is no special telepathic link between dupes and the original character, though this could perhaps be developed as a power stunt. If a dupe is rendered unconscious or killed, it vanishes. Furthermore, dupes must remain within power rank range of the original; those that move farther away also vanish. Dupes appear within arm’s reach of the original when first formed. They can be absorbed only by touch. Damage to a dupe does not affect the original. The original acquires the memories of her dupes when they are reabsorbed.
|69-70||Shapeshifting||Change in any form, animate or not.|
|71-73||Spirit Gestalt||Join with a spirit being to become a superhuman, ancestral spirits, demonic or divine etc.|
|74-76||Bouncing Ball||This is a specialized form of Shapeshifting. The hero can transform his body into a resilient sphere, apparently transforming his body into a balloon-like caricature of himself. Heroes with this power are rarely taken seriously, but, despite the image problem, this power offers substantial benefits to the hero. While he is inflated, the bouncer can travel at power rank speed. This power’s rank number increases his Fighting rank. He has +3CS resistance to blunt physical attacks. On the down side, he also has –2CS resistance to slashing attacks. In a given situation, the bouncer can maintain this power for the number of turns equal to his power rank number before he has to deflate and rest. After 10 turns, he can then reinflate himself.|
|77-79||Elongation||The hero can temporarily increase the length of any part of his body without losing leverage or strength. The hero can elongate any single part a maximum number of yards equal to his power rank number. If two or more parts are elongated, this limit is the total combined length for all parts concerned. The hand counts as part of the arm unless the hero is specifically elongating his fingers; in this case, the maximum is divided by the number of fingers elongated. The hero can maintain any single act of Elongation for a number of turns up to his power rank number.|
|80-82||Growth||The hero can temporarily increase his physical size at will. As he grows, the hero becomes an easier target. The bonuses to be hit, given in Table 3, are not cumulative. There are three ways the power can be attained: Atomic Dispersal, Atomic Gain, and Atomic Growth. The player randomly determines the method when he creates the character or when the character first gains this power, using the sub-table below. |
Die Roll Form
01-33 Atomic Dispersal
34-66 Atomic Gain
67-00 Atomic Growth
- Atomic Dispersal: The hero increases the distance between his own atoms, thus increasing his overall size. His mass remains the same no matter how large he becomes. The hero also becomes increasingly fragile; his body’s material strength decreases –1CS with each doubling in size. At Shift-X rank, the body becomes less dense than air. At CL1000 rank, the hero becomes intangible and can phase through normal matter.
- Atomic Gain: Enables the hero to somehow create or gain new atoms and incorporate them into his atomic structure. As the hero gains new matter, his size and mass increase as well. As the hero grows, his strength increases +1CS for each +2CS of growth. The hero’s Primary and Secondary abilities are unaffected. However, Health seems to increase because physical attacks do less relative damage. Bullets, for example, would be nothing more than grains of high-velocity sand to a giant hero. Note that when the hero returns to his original size, wounds decrease in size- but imbedded bullets and other objects do not!
- Atomic Growth: Enables the hero to increase the size of his own atoms, thus increasing his overall size and mass. The hero’s strength increases only enough to enable him to move his own body; lifting strength does not increase. This form of Growth has a dangerous side effect. As the hero’s atoms grow, they are unable to interact with normal atoms. The hero is unable to breathe, drink, or eat normal matter. Fortunately there is a 95% chance that the power envelops the hero’s body in a field that temporarily increases the size of consumed matter. Note that this is the only form of growth that will enable the hero to travel into macroverses or, if the hero is originally from a microverse, enable the hero to reach our own universe.
To-Hit bonuses Against Growth-Using Characters
|Rank||Size||Bonus to hit|
|83-85||Mass Decrease||The hero can diminish his body’s mass. His weight decreases to a percentage equal to his power rank number. For example, the Vision’s Un rank in this power decreases his weight by 100%, making him completely weightless. At Shift-X and higher, the hero attains buoyancy and can lift additional weight. The added weight is a percentage of his normal body weight; for example, a 160 lb. Man with Shift-Z rank in this power can carry an additional 800 lbs. (500% of 160 lbs.). When the hero is created, the player can increase the power’s rank +1CS by making its effect permanent.|
|86-88||Mass Increase||The hero can increase his body’s mass. His weight is multiplied by the power rank number. For example, a 98 lb. Weakling with Rm rank can increase his mass to 2940 lbs. (30 x 98). Fortunately, a side effect of this power increases the hero’s basic strength. No matter how much the hero weighs, he can still move as if he were his normal weight. Lifting strength remains the same. Of course, as the hero weighs more, he has a greater effect on the environment. At 2940 lbs., our hero can fall through previously sound flooring or collapse the shocks on his 1973 VW Beetle. Physical force has a decreased effect on the hero because of his greater mass. In game terms, the power gives the hero power rank resistance to physical attacks. The hero can also use the power rank instead of his strength to inflict charging damage. Formerly weak characters can embarrass their adversaries with this newfound might. For example, the macho super-criminal Manbrute may flee into obscurity when Wimp-man simply sits on him with all 2940 lbs. then delivers a stinging lecture on the benefits of niceness while the camera crews have a field day.|
|89-91||Phasing||The hero can render his body intangible to normal matter. This enables him to pass harmlessly through any object. The hero’s power rank must exceed the barrier’s material strength in order for phasing to occur. The hero can Phase through Force Fields, Body Armors, Resistances, and Invulnerabilities of lower ranks by making a green FEAT. Because the hero is out of phase with normal matter, he cannot breathe. Thus, the practical duration on this power is the length of time the hero can hold his breath. If the hero has some way around this problem, the duration is unlimited. Phasing has a damaging effect on delicate electronic devices. By Phasing through such devices, the hero can disrupt normal activity and scramble any on-line programming.|
|92-94||Plasticity||The hero can change his body’s topology; that is, he can twist, bend, pull, stretch or otherwise distort his body’s shape into any form. The only limitation is that the hero cannot normally create new holes in his body. If the hero wants to assume a shape that requires holes, he must make a red FEAT. |
The hero’s malleable flesh gives him power rank resistance to blunt Physical attacks. The hero is able to survive without harm a fall from the number of floors equal to his power rank number by turning into a bouncing shape before he hits the ground. The hero gains the bonus power of Elongation. Bouncing Ball is an optional power or may be simulated by a power stunt.
|95-97||Shrinking||The character can temporarily decrease his body’s size. The character’s primary and secondary abilities remain unaffected. Even Strength is undiminished, although it is much harder for a shrunken hero to gain enough leverage to perform tasks that would be otherwise be simple to perform. As the hero shrinks, he becomes harder to hit but conversely suffers greater damage if struck. This is handled by the column shift as shown in the table. The column shift decreases the attacker’s chance to hit and increases the damage by an equal shift. A hero with Remarkable rank is –2CS to his but suffers +2CS damage if the attack is successful. |
Die Roll Form
01-20 Atomic Collapse
21-40 Atomic Reduction
41-00 Atomic Shrinkage
- Atomic Collapse: decreases the distance between the body’s atoms and subatomic particles, thus decreasing overall size. Mass and strength are unaffected. As density increases, the hero’s body could collapse into neutronium (CL3000) or into a black hole (CL 5000).
- Atomic Reduction: decreases the number of atoms in the hero’s body. The lost atoms are either disintegrated (if the shrinkage is permanent) or temporarily removed from the hero’s plane of existence and stored "elsewhere" until the hero reverts to his original size. If the hero loses too many atoms (by exceeding Shift-X rank), his remaining structure becomes too simple to sustain his life force. For this reason, a hero with this form cannot voluntarily exceed Unearthly rank. If the limit is passed, the hero’s life-force is automatically stored away on the same plane with all the displaced matter that normally forms his body. At Shift-Z rank, the hero’s body consists of a single DNA molecule, which then vanishes when the next rank is reached.
- Atomic Shrinkage: reduces the size of the hero’s atoms, thus reducing overall size and mass. Strength remains proportional to the hero’s current size. This is the only form that enables the hero to reach a microverse. While this is the most popular form of shrinking, it has a potentially deadly disadvantage. As the hero’s atoms shrink, they can no longer interact with other, normal-size atoms. As a result, the hero cannot breathe, drink, or eat normal-size matter. Fortunately, there is a flat 95% chance (determined at the time this power is first gained) that the power envelops the hero with an aura that temporarily reduces all atoms to be consumed. If the hero lacks this aura, he must have a proportionally sized supply of material for consumption or somehow not need to breathe. If not, the duration for this power is equal to the time the hero can hold his breath. There is an advantage to not possessing this aura in that electrons cannot flow from normal to shrunken matter; hence, the power acts as rank-level Resistance to Electricity.
As the hero shrinks, he becomes harder to hit but conversely suffers greater damage if struck. This is handled by the column shift as shown in the table. The column shift decreases the attacker’s chance to hit and increases the damage by an equal shift. A hero with Remarkable rank is –2CS to his but suffers +2CS damage if the attack is successful.
Attack Modifiers Against Shrinking Characters
To-Hit bonuses Against Growth-Using Characters
|Rank||Reduced Size||Chance to hit|
In practical terms, a Shrinking rank of Shift-X, Y, or Z is sufficient to reduce a normal human to the size of a single cell or virus. Either CL 1000 or CL 3000 will reduce him to atomic scale. CL 5000 reduces him to the point at which he/she can enter the microverse worlds. On such worlds, the hero is proportional to his new environment. There are three forms of this power. When the power or the hero is first created, the player must determine which form is involved, using the following sub-table.
Optional power is Diminution. The nemesis is Enlargement; the specific forms are, in order, Atomic Dispersal, Atomic Gain, and Atomic Growth.
|98-99||Addtional Body Parts||This is basically the same as Extra Body Parts, p. 86, Player’s Book. Here are a few more power stunts:|
- Constrictor Limb. Whether this is a tentacle, a tail, or specially altered arm, a constrictor limb is useful for making Grappling attacks. It does so with a minimum Strength rank of +1CS the character’s normal Strength
- Detachable. The limb in question can detach and still function normally out to power rank range. The character can feel sensation with the limb even when it is detached. Damage to the limb is subtracted from the character’s Health as normal.
- Extension. The limb in question has Elongation at power rank ability. No Elongation power stunts are acquired automatically.
- Remote Sensor. The character can detach one of her sensory organs. The sensory organ can broadcast information back to the character out to power rank range.
- Mobile. This stunt is useful when combined with Detachable or Remote Sensor. It enables the limb or sensor to fly at power rank -2CS speed, but it cannot pass beyond power rank range from the character.
|00||Two-Dimensionality||The hero can harmlessly reduce his body (and any nonliving matter he carries) to a flat, two-dimensional version. To an onlooker, the hero appears to have transformed himself into a life-size photograph. The hero’s body functions and abilities are unaffected. Because the hero is now extremely thin, gaining leverage on three-dimensional objects is extremely difficult. He is also extremely hard to hit if he can turn his flat side toward his opponents. While in a flattened state, the hero suffers less damage from blunt physical attacks; the power rank number decreases the damage by that much for each attack. On the other hand, a flat hero can suffer all sorts of abuse that he would normally ignore, such as being folded like a map and locked in a glove compartment. |
How thin the hero can get is determined by an intensity FEAT. A green FEAT reduces the hero to the width of a piece of paper. At this point the hero can pass through the cracks around a door or adhere to a wall and pretend to be a poster. A Yellow FEAT reduces the hero to one atom’s width. At this width, the hero can pass through solid barriers by slicing through them as if he were an incredibly fine knife. The power enables the hero to pass through any barrier with a Material Strength up to +5CS greater than his power rank. Note: if the barrier is larger than the hero’s body (such as a wall) then the slice made by the hero’s passage immediately reseals itself. But if the barrier was smaller than the hero then the pieces fall apart as soon as the hero severs the entire width. A red FEAT removes the third dimension entirely; at this point, the hero can pass through barriers without damaging them, or he can be transported into a Flatland-type dimension where everyone has only two dimensions. In the latter case, the hero vanishes from sight. The hero can choose to flatten himself in any direction. He can appear to be a front-back, left profile-right profile, top-view-bottom view, or similar shaped two-dimensional image.
Note: that while the one dimension is drastically altered, the remaining measurements remain the same.
|01-04||Carrier Wave||Propel the character’s body by use of energy (magnetism, sound, light etc.)|
|09-12||Dimension Travel||It is suggested that the Judge assign an intensity to specific dimensions to reflect how difficult it is to access them. This will have the effect of keeping certain dimensions out of the reach of characters without sufficiently high power ranks. A character with the Dimensional Geography talent gains a +1CS to all Dimensional Travel FEATs. In addition to the basic travel function, there are two other uses that can be developed as power stunts.|
- The first is Banishment, used to strand a target in an alien dimension. In order to use Banishment, the character must make a Dimensional Travel FEAT to open the gateway into the other universe. If this is successful, the targeted creature must make an AGI or PSY FEAT (whichever is better) to avoid being sucked through the portal. Banishment can never be used against an object whose Material Strength or weight exceeds Dimensional Travel’s power rank (counting power rank as STR in the case of weight). Each different dimension to which a character can banish is a separate power stunt.
- The second function is Summoning, used to pull an alien creature or object from its dimension and to the character. The procedure and limitations for Summoning are the same as for Banishment. Furthermore, the character must have prior knowledge of the creature or object to be summoned. Summoning does not give the character any sort of influence over a summoned creature’s behavior.
|13-16||Energy Path||The hero is transformed into a specific type of energy and can travel at power rank speed along currents of that energy.|
|21-24||Gateway||Travel to any point in space, time or dimension.|
- Location requires a green FEAT
- Time a yellow FEAT
- Dimensions a red FEAT.
|25-28||Gliding||Top speed is Shift-X|
|33-36||Hyper-Leaping||Possible power stunts include:|
- Kick Attack: The Hero can make a kicking action with Leaping as a substitute for strength.
- Midair-leap: Despite the physical impossibility of it, the Hero may make one single leap in midair without any support.
|49-52||Rocket||Flight by means of a rocket-like exhaust.|
|53-56||Skywalk||Walk along an invisible path created by the hero only usable by him.|
|61-66||Teleport – Self|
- Stunt—Teleportals: With this stunt, the Hero can open temporary "holes" or portals in space, connecting two different points in the same dimension. If an object passes into one end of a portal, it instantly passes out the other side, wherever the other side may be.
- Stability: Any one portal can stay on even if the Hero doesn’t concentrate on it. It will not move unless the Hero wills it, however.
- Multi-portal: The Hero can open more than one portal at once, and can move the portals.
- Portal attack: The Hero may make a striking distance attack within seeing distance by punching (or kicking, or whatever) through their portals to their target. The Hero should bear in mind that the Teleportals are two-way, and opponents may reach back through the portals if he doesn’t close them.
- Portal slicing: The Hero can cause Intensity damage to anything by closing a portal around it.
|67-72||Telereformation||Disintegrates the characters body and transports the life force to the new location where the body is build up from available material. At a limitation of -1CS the character can recreate his original body when he returns to the site where it was destroyed.|
|73-76||Time Travel||Up to power rank number * 1000 years in the past, times 10 years in the future.|
|77-80||Troubleseeker||Character is unwillingly transported to a site where a person is in need of help, he must remain within 10 areas of the spot where help is needed. The character can transport up to 1 pound per rank number in matter (including maybe unwilling persons).|
|89-92||Whirlwind||Transport by creating small whirlwinds.|
|96-98||Displacement||The hero has the power to avoid danger by automatically teleporting away when first encountering a hazard or suffering damage at the start of a round. The distance teleport is found on Column A. The judge decides where the hero teleport to. If there is no safe place, the automatic response won't work. The hero may intentionally teleport with a successful power rank feat roll, but the distance is halved, round fractions up. Failure indicates the hero is stunned for one round.|
|99-100||Super Flight||With this power, the character has the ability to fly at speeds greater than light (or, FTL). To determine the exact multiple of lightspeed the character can move at, simply cube the power rank. For example, a character with Amazing Super Flight can move at |
50 X 50 X 50 = 125000 times lightspeed.
Now, this power doesn't allow for such things as atmospheric friction, or even breathable air. In other words, the character must bring his own air with him. Also, trying to use this power in an atmosphere is suicide, as the atmosphere would melt him like wax paper due to the enormous friction involved.